• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our first mbb coaches were from acc. uva i think

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, smazza said:

i am an over achiever

shoot for the stars

think big

dream big

Exactly!! All about the positive mindset. It is no secret that both CAAR & CAG have brought that positive mindset to USF which has now infiltrated the student athletes. They now believe. They are winners. That to me is how USF turned things around. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

47 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Honestly, I'm cool with getting in to any of B1G (obviously), SEC (obviously), Big 12, or ACC. But getting into the B1G ahead of some of the other Florida schools that would never be able to rationalize it in their minds would be astoundingly hilarious, so I'm pulling for that most of all.

This is the train I'm on. I very much doubt we're ever invited to the B1G, but the mere thought experiment of jumping FSU and UCF into the P2 is delightful. A man can dream.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

41 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Hey you are the one that's always saying we should end football, right?

Independent football I believe.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  410
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

By the way, the SEC, which is an extreme longshot, would be a scenario like this:

ACC shatters. Big 10 takes FSU and Miami. 

Big 12 looking at USF, and SEC takes USF to block Big 12, as they don't want to be behind both Big 12 and Big 10 in Florida. 

That is the most unlikely scenario, but the chances are greater than 0%. 

Eh. The SEC doesn't need to do any of that. You only block when it matters who gets to that school first. The Big 12 can't catch up to the SEC in any way so any existing Big 12 school and any prospective schools like USF would never be locked in forever just because the Big 12 came calling first. The SEC will always be able to pick anyone from the Big 12 if that's what they really wanted. 

Think TCU who got a Big East invite first. But then once the Big 12 decided they needed them, they were able to pluck them without problem because they were higher on the totem pole than the collapsing Big East.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Eh. The SEC doesn't need to do any of that. You only block when it matters who gets to that school first. The Big 12 can't catch up to the SEC in any way so any existing Big 12 school and any prospective schools like USF would never be locked in forever just because the Big 12 came calling first. The SEC will always be able to pick anyone from the Big 12 if that's what they really wanted. 

Think TCU who got a Big East invite first. But then once the Big 12 decided they needed them, they were able to pluck them without problem because they were higher on the totem pole than the collapsing Big East.

I said extreme long shot. Just a possible, but unlikely, scenario. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  410
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I said extreme long shot. Just a possible, but unlikely, scenario. 

The SEC wanting USF is a possible but unlikely scenario. What I'm saying is that the SEC scrambling to add you to cut off the Big 12 is about as 0% as I can rate a scenario because the SEC will always be able to pick off the Big 12 on their own time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The SEC wanting USF is a possible but unlikely scenario. What I'm saying is that the SEC scrambling to add you to cut off the Big 12 is about as 0% as I can rate a scenario because the SEC will always be able to pick off the Big 12 on their own time. 

Agree in general. But something like a GOR can impact timelines. We don't actually know how they will hold up in court yet. 

And, SEC may simply want a second FL school to combat Big 10, in my made up scenario, and pick us over C. 

Edited by Mike Stuben
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let's say one of two things happen:

Big 10 Presidents stick to wanting AAU or FSU goes to SEC. 

Big 10 wants into Florida. 

USF at a 50% payout that builds over time may be the move. 

USF and Miami may be the move. 

ACC GOR stands, Big10 wants in now, USF may be the move. 

Here is where I think we will end up (under the assumption we make a move):

ACC 45%

Big 12 30%

Big 10 20%

SEC 5%

Big 10 is down the list, but it is very much in play. 

Excuse me sir, you said #USF2B1G was gaining traction, I need you to amend your percentages to put B1G out front. If you keep flip-flopping like this, no one's gonna believe your sources man.

Edited by GoBulls84
  • Like 1