• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

When the breakaway happens, I am going to be the leader of the alliance boycott.  I am going to make sure every fan of the leftover schools never once turn on the TV to watch any of their games.   As someone mentioned only about 20 schools will have  large veiwership,   ESPN will lose their ass

Edited by goingbackbull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

and they're gone.....funny people calling it a p4.

it's a p2 and they are going to breakoff.

all this big 12 ,acc, mwc nonsense doesn't matter. they aren't "power" conferences.

WWW.SECSPORTS.COM

Southeastern Conference and Big Ten Conference announce formation of a joint advisory group of university presidents, chancellors, and athletics directors to...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

and they're gone.....funny people calling it a p4.

it's a p2 and they are going to breakoff.

all this big 12 ,acc, mwc nonsense doesn't matter. they aren't "power" conferences.

Wait - Are you telling me the advisory group will advise them taking all the money?  This sounds like how our government agencies work.  🤔

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

When the breakaway happens, I am going to be the leader of the alliance boycott.  I am going to make sure every fan of the leftover schools never once turn on the TV to watch any of their games.   As someone mentioned only about 20 schools will have  large veiwership,   ESPN will lose their ass

I agree, it is not like it will be that hard, don’t remember the last time I watched the SEC game of the week or the big 10 noon games.  I liken it to hockey, I watch Dallas, a very small amount of TB and hardly anything else.  If they think they are going to get an NFL following on Saturday they are in for a rude awakening.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I agree, it is not like it will be that hard, don’t remember the last time I watched the SEC game of the week or the big 10 noon games.  I liken it to hockey, I watch Dallas, a very small amount of TB and hardly anything else.  If they think they are going to get an NFL following on Saturday they are in for a rude awakening.

they are the "haves" already. they don't care about fans of the lesser programs. in fact the reason they will split off is so they don't have to share anything from their playoffs and championships.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The power conference may well reshape college athletics in their image
  • In essence, the two leagues are aiming to remodel what is left of the collegiate model. Don't like it? Well, you don't have to. If NCAA membership doesn't agree to their reforms, the SEC and Big Ten have the leverage to take their 34 teams and stage their own national championship. The networks and the market itself have told them that is possible, and it's a path which SEC commissioner Greg Sankey has already hinted at in the past.

If that means a velvet hammer -- Friday's release -- leading to a chaotic breakaway of the two leagues, that's an option, too. It's just unlikely to be one that is explored right away. Sankey and Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti would certainly like to affect change within the system first. 

The SEC commissioner has left breadcrumbs leading us to this day. In June 2023, he criticized the composition of the NCAA Board of Governors, calling them out for having too little Power Five representation

• They almost certainly will demand an unequal share of revenue when the new College Football Playoff media rights contract is signed. 

I don't agree.  By having the power they had already cut off access to others.  It doesn't change much for us here in G5 world.  As a have-not, this may be the chaos we need to move us forward.  P5 consolidation is really what's happening.  

James Franco Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

they are the "haves" already. they don't care about fans of the lesser programs. in fact the reason they will split off is so they don't have to share anything from their playoffs and championships.

I never said they cared but I simply think they have overestimated the following of the SEC/Big 10.  I already watch the NFL on Sunday, Saturday I follow my team and a couple teams I am connected to regionally.  I won’t stream Alabama/Georgia/Michigan/Ohio State, not because I am butt hurt but because it doesn’t interest me, and I am not alone.  In the end it is still a free country so they can do what they want, not going to really bother me one way or the other. 

17 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I don't agree.  By having the power they had already cut off access to others.  It doesn't change much for us here in G5 world.  As a have-not, this may be the chaos we need to move us forward.  P5 consolidation is really what's happening.  

James Franco Reaction GIF

Agreed, this at least gives a chance to move up, status quote we are dead man walking .