• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Just a reminder once again...

There are only 2 teams in all of college football that were once in a Px/BCS conference and are not in one now:  USF and UConn.  Wash St and Oregon St will join this pity party soon.  We can hash over the past and bad decisions but need to find a way forward to not be left out of the substantial tv money in the next network/streaming deals.  I like what we're doing with the OCS, facilities and getting back to winning form, but will it be enough?

Who knows in an era of consolidation!  But then I look at what we offer and of course our geography and think to myself...aren't we a steal?  Who's going to be the lucky conference to get us?   

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Just a reminder once again...

There are only 2 teams in all of college football that were once in a Px/BCS conference and are not in one now:  USF and UConn.  Wash St and Oregon St will join this pity party soon.  We can hash over the past and bad decisions but need to find a way forward to not be left out of the substantial tv money in the next network/streaming deals.  I like what we're doing with the OCS, facilities and getting back to winning form, but will it be enough?

eventually programs will be paid out individually based on the number of streaming subscriptions their fans buy. similar to mlb and their local tv rights.

Eventually the vandys and northwesterns of the world will be left behind financially just as the rays are left behind by the dodgers/yankees/ etc.

I think all the smaller programs clamoring for an invite will be disappointed to find no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

the free money train is ending and the live sports bubble is bursting. Just look at the diamond sports bankruptcy. amazon is picking up the streaming rights for 40 professional league teams for peanuts on the dollar.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Who knows in an era of consolidation!  But then I look at what we offer and of course our geography and think to myself...aren't we a steal?  Who's going to be the lucky conference to get us?   

geography doesn't mean anything anymore.

how many subscriptions you can sell is all that matters now.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

I would subscribe to a USF channel if it guaranteed a spot for me to watch USF sports.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

No complaints here

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

No complaints here

Yup. Pretty much what we are hoping for. USF & UConn have the edge out of everyone else for the ACC invites once FSU leaves. Tulane & Memphis probably follow if ACC wants more schools imo

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I would subscribe to a USF channel if it guaranteed a spot for me to watch USF sports.

Yes absolutely. Fairly priced of course.  I wouldn't need espn plus or youtube tv anymore which I have solely for USF games. Would save about 90 dollars. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yes absolutely. Fairly priced of course.  I wouldn't need espn plus or youtube tv anymore which I have solely for USF games. Would save about 90 dollars. 

The ACC Network will help solve some of that

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I think all the smaller programs clamoring for an invite will be disappointed to find no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

the free money train is ending and the live sports bubble is bursting

I agree with you on this, but everyone is just trying to loot the corpse before the laws of economics kick in.  

Not to mention playing better teams...

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1