• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Actually read that and thought I was missing something. Am I off base for thinking that whatever conference configuration that Wazzu and the Beavers end up in, outside the P4, that conference would be the probable 5th auto bid, at least for 2024 and 25?

Unless they vote to sacrifice the short term in favor of the long term... which is in their best interest anyway.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Unless they vote to sacrifice the short term in favor of the long term... which is in their best interest anyway.

Think we see 6-6 for 24-25 seasons then move to 5-7 starting 26 season. How long that set up will last is anyone’s guess 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think we see 6-6 for 24-25 seasons then move to 5-7 starting 26 season. How long that set up will last is anyone’s guess 

I don't think 5-7 is anywhere close to a given after the 25/26 season.  It could just as easily be 4-8... or more likely 0-12 because the next contract does not require a unanimous vote.  The B1G and SEC could simply say they won't participate and hold the entire system hostage... or form their own "CFP" without anyone else.

25 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I don't think 5-7 is anywhere close to a given after the 25/26 season.  It could just as easily be 4-8... or more likely 0-12 because the next contract does not require a unanimous vote.  The B1G and SEC could simply say they won't participate and hold the entire system hostage... or form their own "CFP" without anyone else.

College football can survive without big ten & sec. So let them walk….

37 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Dressed like that he would fit real well as a Senator from Pennsylvania 

Democratic Party Politics GIF by The Democrats

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Democratic Party Politics GIF by The Democrats

So funny, how many of us saw the comparison. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

This would be incredibly surprising if it happens. Have to think FSU and Clemson are working together on this. Who knows how credible, but if it does happen, this would be greatly impactful for our future conference affiliation. 

https://x.com/MarcRyanOnAir/status/1707046468631101929?s=20

EDIT: I do not expect the B1G to still be willing to expand right now. 5 years from now? Sure. But to rework the TV contracts a third time, while integrating 5+ teams from around the country will be ripe for disaster at the conference level. My gut tells me Clemson and FSU to SEC due to that, which still would not make sense considering ESPN holds both contracts. Maybe they found a way to limit the GOR, and ESPN is willing to pay the ACC-rate additionally to FSU/Clem as inclusion into SEC? I have no clue how that would work, maybe someone else can assist here with the legal/tv revenue perspective. 

Additionally - I do not expect USF to receive an ACC invite the second FSU bolts. May take a little bit of time, so as long as we perform well this year in football and basketball, this offseason could be fruitful. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

You gotta love these guys trying to saw their arm off to get out of a conference we would dream of getting into.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

23 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

This would be incredibly surprising if it happens. Have to think FSU and Clemson are working together on this. Who knows how credible, but if it does happen, this would be greatly impactful for our future conference affiliation. 

https://x.com/MarcRyanOnAir/status/1707046468631101929?s=20

EDIT: I do not expect the B1G to still be willing to expand right now. 5 years from now? Sure. But to rework the TV contracts a third time, while integrating 5+ teams from around the country will be ripe for disaster at the conference level. My gut tells me Clemson and FSU to SEC due to that, which still would not make sense considering ESPN holds both contracts. Maybe they found a way to limit the GOR, and ESPN is willing to pay the ACC-rate additionally to FSU/Clem as inclusion into SEC? I have no clue how that would work, maybe someone else can assist here with the legal/tv revenue perspective. 

Additionally - I do not expect USF to receive an ACC invite the second FSU bolts. May take a little bit of time, so as long as we perform well this year in football and basketball, this offseason could be fruitful. 

Thanks for the post (and I do mean that sincerely), but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Upvote 1