• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

I can't believe we're still in the AAC. I've never donated to usf but I'd donate if they'd just end our football program and save us further embarrassment. 

fans like you are exactly why we're still in the aac.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Cat941 said:

lol this guy is a joke. Stanford wanted nothing to do with big 12. why would fsu and clemson move down conferences

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

There is more than one way to skin a cat and I’m not married to any of them, what is for sure is there is no logical path that includes an OCS as a requirement. Getting out off the titanic is the only thing that matters and not how close we are to home when we finally sink. 

Of course, just throwing s against the wall. But if the consensus is that the ACC would be the best and most likely future landing spot, seems logical our efforts should be doing everything we can to have that happen sooner rather than later. USF needs to become a disrupter.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

What is this fascination with Appalachian State University? And Marshall University? Why not invite Coastal Carolina, or James Madison? Why say such a thing? 'Cause my nieces went there. That's it. That's where my interest in adding for sake of adding comes to an abrupt end. 🤣

James Madison would only make sense for the ACC.  The ACC already has Duke, with JMU, they would have multiple Dukes. 🙃

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

30 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

why would fsu and clemson move down conferences

Only one rea$on. It's not like the ACC has miracled itself into relevance. Football wise, both Clemson & FSU want out as a means of survival and increased revenue - acting in what is best for their individual schools. Assuming that that ACC implodes in the future - well, CalFord & SMU are once again on the shifting sand. Once Clemson & FSU - at minimum - depart for one of the P-conferences, the ACC's life raft will be Notre Dame, assuming of course that the Irish do go the ACC route. If ND goes the B1G route - it only hastens the ACC demise, regardless of the west coast footprint.  Think of CalFord & SMU as a pre-emptive backfill for when FSU, Clemson, Carolina & Virginia pack their bags. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

he ACC already has Duke, with JMU, they would have multiple Dukes.

There's no such thing as too many Dukes. 😎

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F6
APNEWS.COM

The Power Five has been whittled down to a Super Four in college sports. The Pac-12 was the victim. Beyond dollars moving from one bank account to another it’s hard to...

Instead, the very same conference commissioners who have mangled the college sports map with realignment, will now have the opportunity to consolidate more of the power and money to an even small number of conferences.

The pursuit of billions of dollars driven by the desire of television networks to broadcast college football games has led to awkward partnerships and decisions that appear to have little regard for tradition, fans, the athletes who compete and long-term consequences.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Only one rea$on. It's not like the ACC has miracled itself into relevance. Football wise, both Clemson & FSU want out as a means of survival and increased revenue - acting in what is best for their individual schools. Assuming that that ACC implodes in the future - well, CalFord & SMU are once again on the shifting sand. Once Clemson & FSU - at minimum - depart for one of the P-conferences, the ACC's life raft will be Notre Dame, assuming of course that the Irish do go the ACC route. If ND goes the B1G route - it only hastens the ACC demise, regardless of the west coast footprint.  Think of CalFord & SMU as a pre-emptive backfill for when FSU, Clemson, Carolina & Virginia pack their bags. 

big 12 doesn't pay anymore than acc.

acc actually looks like they are going to an uneven revenue share. that could benefit fsu and clemson.

Been thinking about this and I'm going to quit perseverating on the negative and wringing my hands over how much money we're losing in media revenue (by being in the AAC).   I think SMU's approach makes a lot of sense.  I was surprised by how that developed.  What a wake-up call.  Anyway, we're not limited to just the media revenue from the AAC.  We can supplement our revenue with private donations ala SMU.   And NIL creates a lot of opportunity for us too.  Going forward I'm treating the entire G5 community as our opposition.  We have work to do to be highly regarded.    

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

big 12 doesn't pay anymore than acc.

acc actually looks like they are going to an uneven revenue share. that could benefit fsu and clemson.

For sure.  B12 has the geographical issue too.  I'm not sure of the validity of that idea.  But, then I've been surprised before.  FSU and Clemson aren't AAU.  Will that matter in realignment down the road?