• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Judy started the trend of neglecting athletics for academics to attain AAU Status. We just found out again AAU status does nothing for athletics. SMU isn't AAU status and they are going to the ACC.

Yeah that is the typical answer of blaming Judy, but we had a BOT who approved all this crap

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Judy started the trend of neglecting athletics for academics to attain AAU Status. We just found out again AAU status does nothing for athletics. SMU isn't AAU status and they are going to the ACC.

Well maybe they will attain AAU status by buddying up to Calford.  That was discussed somewhere that VT and NCST might have had that as a source of reasoning behind voting to invite Calford.  I mean that those schools would have support from them for an AAU bid.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Yes.  In the past, admin made mistakes.  You'd have to be blind not to see it.  My post is more about all the noise around realignment and our expectations NOW.  I am going to have to disagree that since we were not called up this time that it is because of Kelly.  IPF, OCS - checked off.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because we have stunk for a few years now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

Yeah that is the typical answer of blaming Judy, but we had a BOT who approved all this crap

I am blaming Judy because she did not invest in athletics when we were in the Big East and had momentum. SHe was the face of the university and chose to neglect athletics and fire Leavitt. Both parts of the equation bring us to the bottom of FBS football. The board who went along with it for years  under her leadership is also responsible.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

SMU isn't AAU status and they are going to the ACC.

Remember that scandal just a while back where all those rich folk were paying millions to get their kids into elite schools ...... This is the legal, college football version of that.

3 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Yes.  In the past, admin made mistakes.  You'd have to be blind not to see it.  My post is more about all the noise around realignment and our expectations NOW.  I am going to have to disagree that since we were not called up this time that it is because of Kelly.  IPF, OCS - checked off.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because we have stunk for a few years now.

We stunk for years because we have been lacking in  football facilities, failed to invest in football, hired bad coaches, and our current AD MK has moving football backwards for five years.

Edited by Outlaw

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Remember that scandal just a while back where all those rich folk were paying millions to get their kids into elite schools ...... This is the legal, college football version of that.

So their AD  worked within the system to maneuver his program out of the AAC to the ACC.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We stunk for years because we have been lacking in  football facilities, failed to invest in football, hired bad coaches, and our current AD MK has moving football backwards for five years.

I think it comes down to just that; having hired bad coaches in both football and basketball. Its not that we decided to underpay coaches compared to other group of five teams. Hopefully that trend starts changing tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

We stunk for years because we have been lacking in facilities, failed to invest in football, hired bad coaches, and our current AD MK has moving football backwards for five years.

We had the same, or better, facilities when CJL and Willie were here so y'all can keep whining on and about facilities holding us back but it's just  a myth. We missed on coaches at the wrong time, plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So their AD  worked within the system to maneuver his program out of the AAC to the ACC.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

No, he worked their fan base who, unlike many of our fan base, put their money where their mouth is .....

Edited by Triple B