• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

$80MM CFP playoff payout to the PAC, if it's only an 8 team conference, becomes pretty juicy even if it will be for a couple of years. 

Heck yeah!! Plus I think I the smaller conferences are better with scheduling. It feels more like a conference when you get to play every team in your own conference. I believe Big Ten, SEC, big 12 made a mistake by over expanding. Sure they like the tv money but they lose that bond of playing each school in their conference each season 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

An aside - can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if the P2 break away and FSU and Miami aren't a part of either the B1G or the SEC? I know they will probably at some point get the call up, but the amount of puckering in the meantime would be great fun. Due to its age, USF has never had expectations of joining either the B1G or the SEC - those conferences only accept blue-bloods - but FSU and Miami probably couldn't imagine a world of CFB that doesn't include them at the highest levels. So much kvetching!

Rutgers? Besides playing in the first college game in the 1800s not sure they are blue bloods.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Rutgers? Besides playing in the first college game in the 1800s not sure they are blue bloods.

You’re right, except they (allegedly) command the NY/NJ market. Classic example of falling up. I can think of about 12 schools that would have been better choices to join the B1G than Rutgers. Don’t think the B1G will make that mistake again. 

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You’re right, except they (allegedly) command the NY/NJ market. Classic example of falling up. I can think of about 12 schools that would have been better choices to join the B1G than Rutgers. Don’t think the B1G will make that mistake again. 

That is the added angle of the NE markets. ACC is probably set up the best with their eastern markets. Cuse, BC, Pitt, Va. They may end up getting UConn to get they next tv deal a huge boost. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

36 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes I believe that would make the most sense.  

I think the PAAC should be at least 9 teams next year for only 8 conference games so OOC schedules are not disrupted.  It will be easier for the PAC teams to add one more OOC game vs. the AAC teams having to pay someone off.

Edited by 79 Bull
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I think the PAAC should be at least 9 teams next year for only 8 conference games so OOC schedules are not disrupted.  It will be easier for the PAC teams to add one more OOC game vs. the AAC teams having to pay someone off.

Hopefully the PAC-8 can get ND to be a member for at least one year since they wanted Cal & Stanford in ACC so much lol

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

The PAC may want East / West balance. 

Meaning 4 AAC teams plus the 4 PAC teams next year. 

Then the following year, add 2 more MWC teams and 2 more AAC team. (or whatever the desired number)

I guess I am just saying that a 8 team PAC might just be for one year until the MWC schools can come. 

It would be way more fun if there was some balance and the occasional west coast away game for fun trips.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

What if Stanford ends up in the ACC, but Cal doesn't? Would a new PAC still be viable without Stanford? 

I think so. You could have:

West

• Wazzou
  • Oregon State
  • Cal
  • SMU
  • SDSU (2025)
  • Boise State (2025)

East

• Memphis
  • ECU
  • Tulane
  • USF
  • Navy (2025)
  • Temple (2025)

Would still be a better conference than AAC.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

What if Stanford ends up in the ACC, but Cal doesn't? Would a new PAC still be viable without Stanford? 

I think so. You could have:

West

• Wazzou
  • Oregon State
  • Cal
  • SMU
  • SDSU (2025)
  • Boise State (2025)

East

• Memphis
  • ECU
  • Tulane
  • USF
  • Navy (2025)
  • Temple (2025)

Would still be a better conference than AAC.

How many times would we play a West opponent a season? 1-2? Teams are so far apart so I would think you would not want much cross-country traveling.

Edited by Bryson Wiley