• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Good to see some Wake Forest fans on board. Winston Salem NC is nice place with great people…..

5F7FCB59-A64A-4A81-BC3E-C40B22EA1BA6.png

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Except the reality is, nobody that's passed us by was hired after us .....

Way to blow up my metaphor... I would say Huston and UCF were both hired after USF. USF was riding high, demoted, and passed by both. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Way to blow up my metaphor... I would say Huston and UCF were both hired after USF. USF was riding high, demoted, and passed by both. 

Yeah I hear you. What would be the ultimate comeback is when USF gets invited to a conference that is more geographically aligned. That would definitely be a great way to get back into the game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, JAFFX2 said:

If the 2 biggest teams in terms of viewership can actually break the GoR which has explicit language tied to the ESPN media contract,  it would be crazy for ESPN to NOT renegotiate the terms of the contract.   The P3 have never denied the possibility of future expansion and all will go to 20 teams.........

FSU, Clemson, NC, GT go to the SEC

Duke, UVA to the Big 10

Pitt, VA Tech, UM, Louisville to the B12

the ACC will be gutted and relegated to G7.  P3 is a new reality that is coming,  just a question of when........

What happened when texas and OU left big 12?

ACC is not going anywhere. SEC and Big 10 are not going to bring in duke uva and g tech.

ACC has a very valuable basketball inventory and are just as valuable (probably more) than the big 12 in football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, JAFFX2 said:

ESPN could easily pony up 1/2 shares for Stanford and Cal to secure the late night time slot they will be losing next year.  SMU has reportedly offered up zero shares for 5 years!  The carriage fees brought in by the ACC network from the Cali and Texas markets could easily boost the media distribution for all.......follow the money 

so if you're following that random wvu fan as far as carriage fees, just know he is wrong. the former espn executive said that if acc network is carried on basic tier then there would be a couple of dollars difference for the year. They have an instate rate and an out of state rate. Nobody can be forced to carry acc network on basic tier.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

My bad, forget I said anything. Your metaphor, you set the rules. Carry on .......

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so if you're following that random wvu fan as far as carriage fees, just know he is wrong. the former espn executive said that if acc network is carried on basic tier then there would be a couple of dollars difference for the year. They have an instate rate and an out of state rate. Nobody can be forced to carry acc network on basic tier.

What the ACC has that most conferences don’t is the Eastern time zones. Cuse, BC, Tabaco Road, Miami, Atlanta. Adding the Tampa Bay & Dallas markets will only add value despite what those bozos working for the Times try to tell you. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

45 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m telling you if you or anyone is interested in buying USF tickets please contact USF ASAP. With all that is going on right now you would be crazy not to….

why? Are all USF tickets going to be hard to get all of a sudden? IS TAylor Swift coming to do half time shows at our sporting events?

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

why? Are all USF tickets going to be hard to get all of a sudden? IS TAylor Swift coming to do half time shows at our sporting events?

Think of it as the breaks or should we say dominoes are finally starting to fall our way…..

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

What the ACC has that most conferences don’t is the Eastern time zones. Cuse, BC, Tabaco Road, Miami, Atlanta. Adding the Tampa Bay & Dallas markets will only add value despite what those bozos working for the Times try to tell you. 

Not to kick a dead horse, but they really are inept. They're really great at throwing out baseless conclusions, but not so great at actual analysis. 

I strongly suspect we're on the ACC's radar and I'm not all that concerned that they're considering Stanford and Cal. They're brand names with lots of history. It would be a no brainer to take them over us if they weren't on the opposite sides of the country. And SMU is indeed a good option for the ACC, seeing as they currently have no Texas presence and SMU is apparently offering to whore itself out for free. 

And btw, none of this (in my opinion) is VPMK's fault. Yes, he represents our school, and should advocate for it, but there's only so much the guy can do. He can't force the ACC to take us - connections or no connections. These decisions are made based upon dollars and cents, in addition to a bunch of other factors. He deserves blame for some poor hires, sure (and he could have hidden behind xCJS's contract, but to his credit he fired him and brought in CAG). But I don't think we can reasonably hang realignment around his neck.

To reiterate, the ACC is never going to add us while it already has brand name representation in Florida (FSU and UM). It might consider us if FSU leaves. It will consider us if both FSU and UM leave. Those are the relevant triggers for us vis a vis the ACC.

While we wait for something that quite frankly is likely to happen at some point (soon? 10 years? who knows?), I'm definitely interested in seeing what we can accomplish in the AAC. Will 2 or 4 of the PAC schools join? Will we join a composite PAC/AAC and, later, MWC conference? These are more realistic possibilities and I'm curious to see how it all shakes out.  

• Upvote 3