• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Dont worry, they will eliminate the G5 autobid soon, already talking about it, making it just the top 8 or 12 teams like bcs,  and rankings have never been good to lowly g5 teams

It is all back door politics. Too bad the G5 has no spine to stand up to the BS. All they do is collect their money from the P5 and shut up unfortunately. 

Basically they are saying there are no other conferences worthy of P5 so they are already declaring P4. They didn’t even wait for the dust to settle. I’m not speaking on just the behalf of USF but for all the other G6 programs. I say the G6 should eventually let the P4 do their own thing while the G6 hold a 12 team playoff each season.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Dont worry, they will eliminate the G5 autobid soon, already talking about it, making it just the top 8 or 12 teams like bcs,  and rankings have never been good to lowly g5 teams

I used to fear that the top teams would splinter off and we'd be relegated even further.  Now I almost welcome it.  G5 for life.  Kidding.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Basically they are saying there are no other conferences worthy of P5 so they are already declaring P4. They didn’t even wait for the dust to settle. I’m not speaking on just the behalf of USF but for all the other G6 programs. I say the G6 should eventually let the P4 do their own thing while the G6 hold a 12 team playoff each season.

No what they are saying is you don’t make things harder for yourselves and destroy a conference just to have it be a giant waste of time and invite other people to come up and replace them, you take the share of the pie that you earned through your conquest. To the victor go the spoils, not to the poor that passively got passed over.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Seems like a few greedy ones are destroying it for everyone else.     Like the tweet for CJL the other day. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

So, if it seems like the P4 are moving to separation from the rest of the G6 conferences, I wonder how the G teams move forward?

the things I see happening are:

1. Lawsuit and the government getting involved (eventually on this second part).

2. Geographical realignment for the G6 teams (less money coming in, less expenses for traveling).

3. Maybe teams moving up or down to the FCS.

Realignment isn’t over yet, and we still have an outside shot. We really need both Florida teams to be pulled out of the ACC. I think C would block us from being added to B12.

It’s just wild that the teams and conferences who have benefited the most from all of this are considering throwing their own party and inviting only the rich kids. Wild, but not surprising if I take off my rose colored glasses.

Silver linings, season tickets will continue to be cheap until we either start winning or get invited to the p4.

6 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Seems like a few greedy ones are destroying it for everyone else.     Like the tweet for CJL the other day. 

What did he tweet out?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Here we all are, waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive. He's coming, isn't he? Just need to wait a little bit longer...

Charlie Brown Halloween GIF by Peanuts

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

So, if it seems like the P4 are moving to separation from the rest of the G6 conferences, I wonder how the G teams move forward?

the things I see happening are:

1. Lawsuit and the government getting involved (eventually on this second part).

2. Geographical realignment for the G6 teams (less money coming in, less expenses for traveling).

3. Maybe teams moving up or down to the FCS.

Realignment isn’t over yet, and we still have an outside shot. We really need both Florida teams to be pulled out of the ACC. I think C would block us from being added to B12.

It’s just wild that the teams and conferences who have benefited the most from all of this are considering throwing their own party and inviting only the rich kids. Wild, but not surprising if I take off my rose colored glasses.

Silver linings, season tickets will continue to be cheap until we either start winning or get invited to the p4.

What did he tweet out?

https://twitter.com/CoachJimLeavitt/status/1688996167558828033?s=20

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

He speaks the truth, we need FSU and Clemson to go. I would also think Miami as well just to ensure a position In the ACC.

So, if the ACC has 9 teams left and they add USF. Plus Oregon State, W state, SMU, SD state, and 6 others out west/central US. Gets to 20 teams across the nation. That seems to be what is happening 

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

He speaks the truth, we need FSU and Clemson to go. I would also think Miami as well just to ensure a position In the ACC.

So, if the ACC has 9 teams left and they add USF. Plus Oregon State, W state, SMU, SD state, and 6 others out west/central US. Gets to 20 teams across the nation. That seems to be what is happening 

The question will then be will the P4 become the P3 or P2?