• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

It doesn't quite work that way.  FSU assign it's rights to the ACC.  The ACC sold them to ESPN.

FSU will negotiate a fee to buy back their rights. Hard to imagine Purdue @ Florida State on the ACC Network, right?

Besides, if it were that easy, why hasn't any other school done that already.  FSU, Clemson, Miami, etc would be LOOONG gone if that is all it took.

I guess my question is where would those schools go? SEC & Big Ten are a step up for the ACC schools so I would think they would need to be invited first before going through the exit of GOR process. We are going to find out soon if the rumors are true regarding FSU leaving ACC by 8/15

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

It will be interesting to see how it works. This could be a way that ESPN gets access to BigTen games since they own the rights to FSU and Clemson home games until 2036. If as you said ACC sold those rights to ESPN.

ESPN would then have to not penalize the ACC contract for FSU and Clemson moving. Thus FSU and Clemson would just be paying exit fees to ACC since they wouldn’t be breaking GOR and the conference isn’t losing any tv money.

Question is, would ACC then add at least two to replace them. This could be interesting for the Bulls

Agreed! Think we are going to see some outside of the box thinking with all of this imo 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Ace Custis ring a bell?

Absolutely. Va Tech was Big East football only and Metro along with USF in everything else. 

I remember Ace now that you said his name, but I couldn't have come up with his name 5 minutes ago. 

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Yea, they would finish in the third or fourth spot.

I would like to see them start winning again. I did enjoy me some of that UM Cocaine swagger. They were just ahead of their time with NIL, and cocaine is technically medicinal so we could consider that as treatment from the team doctors.

Speaking of Miami Canes I been hearing that they may be in big trouble regarding another corrupt booster. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I don't think that would stop the B1G.

It makes too much sense for them.

It won't stop the B1G for sure, but it would reduce the markets they could get into. And again, as someone touched on earlier, it would pull the biggest rivalry for two of their existing programs in-house. UF-FSU will pull better ratings than UF against almost anybody else in the conference, especially if there's a spot in the SEC championship on the line. Same with South Carolina IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Allegedly Kliavkoff will be coming to the Pac9 schools with the TV offer within the next 48 hours. Curious to see what their number is, but they obviously want to get it done so they can start to focus forward on whoever they're inviting for expansion

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Speaking of Miami Canes I been hearing that they may be in big trouble regarding another corrupt booster. 

There was an article in the Miami Herald recently about that.  I would link that but I'm on my mobile and it's difficult to do right now.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

ESPN talking about ACC football implied something was up.   You know it has been 20 years since they won a championship.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458

With Pac-12 presidents meeting tomorrow whose corner are the corner schools in?

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0306%2Fr1140522_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Is the Pac-12 in danger of losing more teams? Arizona just might hold the keys to its future. Plus, what's next for Oregon and Washington, and how the ACC fits into it all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458

2 hours ago, Cat941 said:
2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

There was an article in the Miami Herald recently about that.  I would link that but I'm on my mobile and it's difficult to do right now.

Is this the one?

JohnRuiz.png
WWW.ON3.COM

John Ruiz and LifeWallet are the target of investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of...

• Like 1