• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

12 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

When was the last time we drew 41K for anything. 

09/11/21 if I am not mistaken.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think all four of those teams are either going p12/b12. They could all go together or split up . The expansion after the 2023 season  will establish which conference is in better shape for the future. The only thing USF is can do is win on the field and  to actually get in the conversation. Hopefully Goach is the right guy for the job. 

In Goach we trust

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

09/11/21 if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't draw over 40K on occasion, but it's usually against some big name opponent that brings half the fans.  They drew 41K vs. North Texas.  Would we do that?  Maybe, maybe not.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't draw over 40K on occasion, but it's usually against some big name opponent that brings half the fans.  They drew 41K vs. North Texas.  Would we do that?  Maybe, maybe not.  

I believe we would draw that for a conference championship game

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Their academics are bad and their basketball is atrocious, but their campus is really growing.  Have you  actually set foot on it or seen it.  I live in San Antonio.  As far as the cavernous stadium, that part is true, however, most UTSA games are very loud.  They drew 41K for the CUSA championship game last year.  When was the last time we drew 41K for anything.  They have a really solid football fan base.   They open the upper deck for big games.  As long as they hang on to Jeff Traylor, they will be good.

So you agree with most of what I said, as far as the attendance we have been god awful and they have been very good and our attendance is similar, flip the script and not even close.    I lived  in San Antonio for 4 years prior to moving to Frisco 13 years ago and have been on campus a few times.  I know they have a new IPF and the school has grown, what metro school wouldn’t when they let in 100 percent of the applicants then, 90 percent now., if you can fog a mirror then you are in, school brings little to the table IMHO.

48 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I am sure UNT made the trip as well, in state game, I am guessing we would however would definitely like to find out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am sure UNT made the trip as well, in state game, I am guessing we would however would definitely like to find out.

So what is a better rivalry utsa/unt or smu/utsa in the state of Texas ? 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

So what is a better rivalry utsa/unt or smu/utsa in the state of Texas ? 

SMU/UNT is a crosstown rival, however naming either a rivalry is a stretch.  For the most part nobody gives two violation. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

SMU/UNT is a crosstown rival, however naming either a rivalry is a stretch.  For the most part nobody gives two violation. 

Does Baylor consider smu or tcu their rivalry? Smu is closer to those colleges that Unt and Utsa . Deep pocketed Christian colleges with success on the field located in Texas .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Thought same thing about UNT helping get to that 41K. Unless we’re playing for a spot in the playoffs, I don’t see us getting to that number while in this conference.