• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

USF is typically tight lipped about this stuff. We got into the Big East right out of the blue. 

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Prove it. 

They are literally posts in this thread (from people not affiliated with USF) that dispute the fact that nobody is mentioning or talking about USF and realignment. I’m not going to do a search for you.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Memphis' enrollment is about 20K. Tulane's enrollment is about 15K. USF's enrollment is about 50K.

Also, Memphis and New Orleans are ranked 50 and 51, respectively, in media market. Tampa is 13.

Yes, Memphis and Tulane have stadiums, but I've heard rumors we're building one very soon.

Memphis is not a very good academic school. However, Tulane is - AAU, like USF. 

While Memphis and Tulane have had more recent success on the field, it's naive to think that'll last forever, or that USF will remain down forever. Realignment decisions aren't made based upon a 1-2 year sample size. Or at least, they shouldn't be. I don't follow BB very closely so I don't know how we compare (probably poorly, especially compared to Memphis which has had good or decent BB for a long time).

Respectfully, if the Big 12 chooses both Memphis and Tulane over USF, IMHO it'd be on balance a very bad decision. 

Remember that rumors fly like crazy in the context of conference realignment. Just because one sees an article touting one or more schools, doesn't mean they're seriously under consideration, or even if they are, that they're the only ones under consideration. 

Just my two cents.

big 12 has a history of bad decisions lol. I still don’t get why USF fans are crying for the big 12 when they already passed over USF a few times lol. ACC will form that alliance with PAC 12 and I will be shocked if USF is not part of it

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Memphis' enrollment is about 20K. Tulane's enrollment is about 15K. USF's enrollment is about 50K.

Also, Memphis and New Orleans are ranked 50 and 51, respectively, in media market. Tampa is 13.

Yes, Memphis and Tulane have stadiums, but I've heard rumors we're building one very soon.

Memphis is not a very good academic school. However, Tulane is - AAU, like USF. 

While Memphis and Tulane have had more recent success on the field, it's naive to think that'll last forever, or that USF will remain down forever. Realignment decisions aren't made based upon a 1-2 year sample size. Or at least, they shouldn't be. I don't follow BB very closely so I don't know how we compare (probably poorly, especially compared to Memphis which has had good or decent BB for a long time).

Respectfully, if the Big 12 chooses both Memphis and Tulane over USF, IMHO it'd be on balance a very bad decision. 

Remember that rumors fly like crazy in the context of conference realignment. Just because one sees an article touting one or more schools, doesn't mean they're seriously under consideration, or even if they are, that they're the only ones under consideration. 

Just my two cents.

What you’ve said is mainly true. Yet not one person ever has leaked USF to the Big 12. Yet about 8-10 other schools have been linked

What does that tell you. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What you’ve said is mainly true. Yet not one person ever has leaked USF to the Big 12. Yet about 8-10 other schools have been linked

What does that tell you. 

Not much, really. I think we'd all like more press for USF. But I only really care about the final mention, where we get an invite or we don't. 

Some of the reason why you hear about some schools and not others is because the ADs and others at those schools are trying to sell themselves as candidates. We could very well be doing the same thing behind the scenes. VPMK probably doesn't want it generally known that we were a candidate again, and rejected again. So keeping it quiet makes sense. 

Of course, none of this means that USF will be picked, or that the Big 12 won't make a bad decision and not invite us. It just means that I wouldn't put too much stock in whether press mentions = invitation. 

One final possibility is that USF may have decided that the Big 12 would not be a good place to park our school, invite or not, and has put all of its eggs in another basket - another basket we haven't heard anything about (ACC or perhaps even the Big 10, as unlikely as that is). Not saying this is likely at all - just possible. It's all speculation until an invite is issued.

Just pray Brett McMurphy has to eat his words one of these days and announce USF joining a P5 conference. Pray hard. I might print and frame that tweet in my office.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

9 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What does that tell you. 

Nothing. Nobody leaked Syracuse was going to the ACC. Nobody leaked when UCLA and USC were going to the Big Ten. When these things are happening, nobody leaks it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What does that tell you. 

Probably tells us that USF to big 12 is not a good fit for either parties ? Hopefully USF ends up in ACC which is a much better fit long term 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

There are reports that the ACC was considering Oregon and Washington, rumors are like opinions and you know what’s, everybody has them. People need to chill, VPMK has connections and the USF/Tampa speak for themselves. I am not concerned with Memphis or Tulane rumors. 

Edited by michibull

9 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Not much, really. I think we'd all like more press for USF. But I only really care about the final mention, where we get an invite or we don't. 

Some of the reason why you hear about some schools and not others is because the ADs and others at those schools are trying to sell themselves as candidates. We could very well be doing the same thing behind the scenes. VPMK probably doesn't want it generally known that we were a candidate again, and rejected again. So keeping it quiet makes sense. 

Of course, none of this means that USF will be picked, or that the Big 12 won't make a bad decision and not invite us. It just means that I wouldn't put too much stock in whether press mentions = invitation. 

One final possibility is that USF may have decided that the Big 12 would not be a good place to park our school, invite or not, and has put all of its eggs in another basket - another basket we haven't heard anything about (ACC or perhaps even the Big 10, as unlikely as that is). Not saying this is likely at all - just possible. It's all speculation until an invite is issued.

Just pray Brett McMurphy has to eat his words one of these days and announce USF joining a P5 conference. Pray hard. I might print and frame that tweet in my office.

Heck yeah! You pretty nailed what I do believe is playing out. MK dropped a major hint with the domino tweet not too long ago. Plus his connections to the ACC. As I said many times already. I will be shocked if USF is not invited to the ACC

• Like 1

This was tweeted about 5 days ago….

C2F53365-8C34-4A12-AB17-AEF41A440293.png