• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not even talking about the source. The PAC is on life support. They will have some defections in next few years if not sooner. 

Where will they go? I don’t see any opportunities that will help them better themselves from where they are right now. I don’t see Big Ten taking more teams from PAC 12

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I just don’t see that. Both leagues are going to get comparable tv contracts. Neither league will get all its members to sign a GOR.

When all is done you will probably see PAC sign a 6 year deal worth 28-30 million with no GOR and reduce payouts if anyone leaves. For the Big12 this is a huge sign of what they’ll get because it’s setting the bar on what they are also worth.

This is probably spot on in my opinion. MHver & dudeofwvu are back to their craziness fake source BS like usual 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Where will they go? I don’t see any opportunities that will help them better themselves from where they are right now. I don’t see Big Ten taking more teams from PAC 12

Four of those teams still have a shot at the B10. Rumor is Stanford could go Indy. The PAC will have to back fill with G5 on the coast and Boise.  

17 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

This is probably spot on in my opinion. MHver & dudeofwvu are back to their craziness fake source BS like usual 

Yet if they said USF was going to the ACC you would be saying how awesome and right they are 😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Four of those teams still have a shot at the B10. Rumor is Stanford could go Indy. The PAC will have to back fill with G5 on the coast and Boise.  

Yet if they said USF was going to the ACC you would be saying how awesome and right they are 😂

Would be a great move by ACC in my opinion. Big 12 dropped ball by not stealing USF now they may have missed their opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Would be a great move by ACC in my opinion. Big 12 dropped ball by not stealing USF now they may have missed their opportunity. 

I think you left this  :roflmao:  off of the end of your post.😎🤘

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I think you left this  :roflmao:  off of the end of your post.😎🤘

Everyone laughs at the prospects of USF going to ACC or Big 10, but somewhere out there is a tape of our home games against WVU, FSU, GT, Wisconsin, BYU, Kansas, Louisville etc-  The seats are filled.  In some cases the upper deck is filled.  When we are good its filled with USF fans, when we are bad its filled with away team fans. 

The Bay area is unique in that it has transplants from all over the country, and a road trip here is not just to go to a football game or Disney World- the area has so much to offer. This school in a better conference is a money maker, especially if there is a stadium that the school controls on campus.  Games against P5 schools will sell out no matter what, and the influx of cash and visibility that a conference offers will make the team better. 

If the Big 10 is out there looking at FSU or Miami and the GOR is prohibitive they can look down the road at USF and see a school that has an admin ready to spend to invest in the program.  Invest in USF and by the time the ACC GOR is done they are ahead of FSU and Miami.   Big 10 was willing to bet on Rutgers, is USF a worse bet than Rutgers long term?

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

And we are a Very Good TV market. With better teams, come larger viewing.

Airplane Movie Reaction GIF by filmeditor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Everyone laughs at the prospects of USF going to ACC or Big 10, but somewhere out there is a tape of our home games against WVU, FSU, GT, Wisconsin, BYU, Kansas, Louisville etc-  The seats are filled.  In some cases the upper deck is filled.  When we are good its filled with USF fans, when we are bad its filled with away team fans. 

The Bay area is unique in that it has transplants from all over the country, and a road trip here is not just to go to a football game or Disney World- the area has so much to offer. This school in a better conference is a money maker, especially if there is a stadium that the school controls on campus.  Games against P5 schools will sell out no matter what, and the influx of cash and visibility that a conference offers will make the team better. 

If the Big 10 is out there looking at FSU or Miami and the GOR is prohibitive they can look down the road at USF and see a school that has an admin ready to spend to invest in the program.  Invest in USF and by the time the ACC GOR is done they are ahead of FSU and Miami.   Big 10 was willing to bet on Rutgers, is USF a worse bet than Rutgers long term?

Interesting comment from the Big 10 commish in an article in today's paper, "Warren said Los Angeles had the largest section of Big Ten alumni outside the Midwest". Florida's got to be in top 5 you'd think.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

My comment was in reference to the "Big 12 dropped ball by not stealing USF now they may have missed their opportunity." part of the comment. NO ONE has missed an opportunity to "steal" USF. Do I think it will be an opportunity for the B12 or ACC? Absolutely. And I think ACC more so IF the SEC is serious about FSU.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I can see some of you people on this thread ten years from now: “I think we have a chance to finally get out of the AAC…Big10 is definitely going to take us now…ACC will be calling us anytime now…” 😂😂😂