• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I am thinking USF is in a middle of a tug of war with both ACC & Big 12 pulling us in their directions. Who will win out on the USF prize ? Stay tuned! 

You’re my kind of guy, Bill Daly!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You’re my kind of guy, Bill Daly!

My one good nut is hanging towards ACC by 2025 "ish"

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

You may be right as the BigTen or PAC12 may need the TB market. We shall see. Seems like MK has some options now. Go Bulls!

Good lord you have completely lost it. B10? P12? They don’t even know we are alive.  😂😂😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good lord you have completely lost it. B10? P12? They don’t even know we are alive.  😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I actually think the Big10 would be contemplating USF if we had AAU membership. Big university in a major metropolitan area with the 13th largest TV market. USF is nothing to shake a stick at.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

I actually think the Big10 would be contemplating USF if we had AAU membership. Big university in a major metropolitan area with the 13th largest TV market. USF is nothing to shake a stick at.

By the time that happens the game will be over. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

13 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

workout arms GIF by South Park

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Who major conference accepted us over night because these rumors have to be true?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Well... does this mean we're screwed out of the Big 12?

The Big 12 has been told by TV rights advisors that the two most important considerations for expansion are brand and geography. Geography pushed Oregon and Washington to the margins. (That doesn't mean the likes of Arizona and Arizona are necessarily "brands.")

Of the four new Big 12 schools (BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF), three are from the American. That forms part of narrative surrounding the Pac-12's path forward as the league went to market early this week for its TV rights. Why would you [Pac 12 teams] want to go to a conference whose membership is one-quarter Group of Five teams? Why risk "momentary" stability for the history and tradition of Pac-12?

nike-footballs-red-field-getty.png

Resolution may come sooner than later with some well-known programs unfortunately being left out in the cold

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Of the four new Big 12 schools (BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF), three are from the American. That forms part of narrative surrounding the Pac-12's path forward as the league went to market early this week for its TV rights. Why would you [Pac 12 teams] want to go to a conference whose membership is one-quarter Group of Five teams? Why risk "momentary" stability for the history and tradition of Pac-12?

Posed this earlier and maybe missed a response but didn't I read somewhere in this tangled web that there was a clause that could negate the G5 invites to the B12 if certain things occurred?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Posed this earlier and maybe missed a response but didn't I read somewhere in this tangled web that there was a clause that could negate the G5 invites to the B12 if certain things occurred?

I’m a jerk but wouldn’t it be wonderful if Central’s new conference fell apart, only a day after we got an ACC invite and final authorization to build a $325 million OCS? A guy can dream…

Edited by TallyBull
  • Like 1