• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

App State would jump at the chance but do we need to decrease the value of our neighborhood? The other three you mention have no interest right now. 

They are 46-16 since joining D1. If they continue to win while in the AAC then it only helps our in conference strength of schedule.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

would be nice to have the conf only FL and GA schools somehow

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They are 46-16 since joining D1. If they continue to win while in the AAC then it only helps our in conference strength of schedule.

I wonder if they can keep that going when not in the Sun Belt (arguably the weakest conference in FBS college football). More concerning is the money. ESPN is not going to give each AAC team an extra $9 mil a year because App State joins. Thus, they take away from our annual amount and the whole idea would be a non starter. 

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder if they can keep that going when not in the Sun Belt (arguably the weakest conference in FBS college football). More concerning is the money. ESPN is not going to give each AAC team an extra $9 mil a year because App State joins. Thus, they take away from our annual amount and the whole idea would be a non starter. 

In 6 years in the Sun Belt they went 7-5, 11-2, 10-3, 9-4, 11-2, and 13-1 last year which they ended RANKED. Thats 61 wins and 11 losses in 6 years of being in the SunBelt. They Beat SEC South Carolina and ACC North Carolina. Took a few P5 teams to overtime. They are 5-0 in Bowl Games and have won 5 Sunbelt titles. I mean what else can they do? I mean they average 25-30K fans per game. Their stadium only hold 30K, but they are adding 5,000 more seat in the next 2 years. I seriously doubt they will suck if they move to a better conference. If they continue to win, then the league will make more money for us to divide. I get it, they don't have the history or prestige of the other schools, but the only thing that matters is if teams can compete and win. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In 6 years in the Sun Belt they went 7-5, 11-2, 10-3, 9-4, 11-2, and 13-1 last year which they ended RANKED. Thats 61 wins and 11 losses in 6 years of being in the SunBelt. They Beat SEC South Carolina and ACC North Carolina. Took a few P5 teams to overtime. They are 5-0 in Bowl Games and have won 5 Sunbelt titles. I mean what else can they do? I mean they average 25-30K fans per game. Their stadium only hold 30K, but they are adding 5,000 more seat in the next 2 years. I seriously doubt they will suck if they move to a better conference. If they continue to win, then the league will make more money for us to divide. I get it, they don't have the history or prestige of the other schools, but the only thing that matters is if teams can compete and win. 

Money is all that matters when it comes to expansion and if there is anything we have learned it should be that winning is a zero sum game that will have to come at our expense for it to continue and not earn another penny in our coffers.

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Actually, no, the only thing that matters is will espn pay each school an additional $9 mil a year over the life of the contract if App State is added. And the answer to that question is absolutely NO. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Money is all that matters when it comes to expansion and if there is anything we have learned it should be that winning is a zero sum game that will have to come at our expense for it to continue and not earn another penny in our coffers.

This

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually, no, the only thing that matters is will espn pay each school an additional $9 mil a year over the life of the contract if App State is added. And the answer to that question is absolutely NO. 

This

image.png.380b6fdc0a5838340825d38cbb5062f5.png

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This

In football, you make more money and have more opportunities when you WIN games. App State has done nothing but WIN games. WINS = Revenue. The stronger our conference is as a WHOLE the more money we can make.  🤷🏾‍♂️ Nothing else for me to argue here.  

Edited by Gatorbull325

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In football, you make more money and have more opportunities when you WIN games. App State has done nothing but WIN games. WINS = Revenue. The stronger our conference is as a WHOLE the more money we can make.  🤷🏾‍♂️ Nothing else for me to argue here.  

The only problem is that we have a 12 year contact. So if USF adds them we would loose around $12 mil. Then we would have to hope that your theory of App State raising the conference to higher amounts of money in the next contract takes place. For one I don’t won’t to lose $12 and I am pretty sure each school would not. You talk like App would take over the conference as the next big team...sorry I don’t see it. Hell flying into some place called Boone, NC sounds dubious at best. I would rather stick to what we have or wait for Boise.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only problem is that we have a 12 year contact. So if USF adds them we would loose around $12 mil. Then we would have to hope that your theory of App State raising the conference to higher amounts of money in the next contract takes place. For one I don’t won’t to lose $12 and I am pretty sure each school would not. You talk like App would take over the conference as the next big team...sorry I don’t see it. Hell flying into some place called Boone, NC sounds dubious at best. I would rather stick to what we have or wait for Boise.

If we have more teams WINNING then we can negotiate a bigger contract for us to split. I honestly don't think the AAC goes more than 1 more year w/o a replacement for UCONN. I also don't see Boise joining us. I see them going the independent route if they leave the MWC. How about Army or Navy?