• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude if your looking for us to say ucf is better or for us to respect them then you need to get the hell off this board. 

Not even close.  If that's what you got then you  missed the original point and instead are focused on the small things. 

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I made that list and half of the items do not apply to UCF.

The list does though, except maybe the pre-eminence thing.  But I'm pretty sure they're well on their way to that as well.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

At this current stage if only one FL school is promoted I don't see it being us unfortunately.   

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

And that opinion is based on ..... recent success on the football field?

4 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

Someone made a short list a page or two back with the reasons why we could be moved up, all those same reasons apply to them as well, except they've been successful in athletics (not just football) as well as (and more importantly) manipulating the media.  They just had a segment today on SEC radio in Knoxville about their QB.  In contrast I've never heard the Bulls discussed here in SEC country.  It's ok to be cynical towards the rival and supportive of the home guys but let's not pretend that they aren't a much more visible program across the board right now.   They're just bigger and more recognizable.  

You could have just said "yes, my opinion is based on their recent success on the football field" instead of trying to disguise it with all that other nonsense .... especially the part about never hearing the Bulls discussed in SEC country. Just because you've never heard it doesn't meant it hasn't happened and I guarantee you it has.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You could have just said "yes, my opinion is based on their recent success on the football field" instead of trying to disguise it with all that other nonsense .... especially the part about never hearing the Bulls discussed in SEC country. Just because you've never heard it doesn't meant it hasn't happened and I guarantee you it has.

Like when we played Alabama in Birmingham I heard about us plenty there, when we beat AU in Auburn I remember us being all they talked about, we played in a conference with UAB and southern Mississippi where we got talked about, we beat South Carolina and Clemson that got us talked about in the Carolinas and of course we literally play In the heart of gator nation where once again we get talked about oh and then we also play Memphis in Tennessee where we also get talked about. We probably will be talked about in Georgia when we play Georgia Tech in a month and a half but that’s just a guess right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

Not even close.  If that's what you got then you  missed the original point and instead are focused on the small things. 

The list does though, except maybe the pre-eminence thing.  But I'm pretty sure they're well on their way to that as well.  

But they aren’t there also I gues they technically were there the last 5 min of the big east but no one would consider them left out like us, Cinci and Uconn.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:58 PM, Triple B said:

It wouldn't be accurate to say its based only on success on the football field.  I'm certain the Bulls have been discussed outside their regional realm of influence sometimes.  The degree to which that has occurred is skewed the other way unfortunately, but that wasn't the point.  It was a merely a recent example of their ability to remain pervasive in exclusive media markets outside their own relative realm of influence.  The logic to your position is one fraught with cognitive dissonance.  If you can't see it for how it is then it will be difficult to identify what can be done to change it.  It needs changing.  

On 7/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, puc86 said:

But they aren’t there also I gues they technically were there the last 5 min of the big east but no one would consider them left out like us, Cinci and Uconn.

I don't think that second point you bring up is a benefit to us, but a detraction. JMO.  

I'm excited about achieving eminent status for the sake of the growth of our institution, that's a separate issue.  The money difference between us and them was only about 3 million this year from that (they got ~2 million, us 5).  It's a nonissue as it relates to conference affiliation.  The money from that doesn't even go to athletics.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

It wouldn't be accurate to say its based only on success on the football field.  I'm certain the Bulls have been discussed outside their regional realm of influence sometimes.  The degree to which that has occurred is skewed the other way unfortunately, but that wasn't the point.  It was a merely a recent example of their ability to remain pervasive in exclusive media markets outside their own relative realm of influence.  The logic to your position is one fraught with cognitive dissonance.  If you can't see it for how it is then it will be difficult to identify what can be done to change it.  It needs changing.  

Because of their recent success on the football field ..... You think that SEC radio show is talking about Milton if they weren't coming off a natty? The only rational reasoning one can come up with having them over us right now is their recent gridiron success, and the exposure that comes because of it. Everything you're saying is based on that ....

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Because of their recent success on the football field ..... You think that SEC radio show is talking about Milton if they weren't coming off a natty? The only rational reasoning one can come up with having them over us right now is their recent gridiron success, and the exposure that comes because of it. Everything you're saying is based on that ....

And their marketing, whether its staying out in front of the media or its branding, which is far more noticeable-as evidenced by the article written by the school and posted a few pages ago. To think their only advantage is base on their season last year is myopic, but I'm sick of discussing them.  It was supposed to be about what we can do to elevate notoriety, since if they can do it, we should be able to as well.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

On 7/27/2018 at 5:14 PM, OnTheBus said:

Can we get this to 2019 pages before 2019?

That's easy.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think we start our own conference but with gambling and hookers

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1