• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

51 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. The Texas schools didn’t want it. I do believe #Expansionpalooza was a real go at it, but not enough of the Presidents//ADs wanted to share the pie when no one truly checked all of the boxes. I also believe Texas was the driving factor for NO expansion. 

My understanding was that they didn't have enough votes for any particular school(s).

The NCAA screwed us when they allowed a CCG with less than 12 teams

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

The NCAA screwed us when they allowed a CCG with less than 12 teams

If B12 had added USF & UCF, based on this weeks polls, they would have SIX teams in the top 25. And not one of those teams is Texas. They would have also added a very large combined TV Market. Then they could have added a CCG and made a ton more on tv advertising. It is what it is, but Texas/B12 made a huge mistake not adding the FL teams. Oh yea and having a better recruiting message for FL kids.CFB Rankings

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

13 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

There has been some chatter about other TV entities putting in bids for the AAC TV rights. I've heard NBC in particular. I've also heard that ESPN has the right of first refusal. 

So, if that is true, it could mean the AAC might get a better deal, than they otherwise would.  

I think the chase after the Big XII has always been about (1) bowl and playoff opportunities and access and (2) money. 

If we could significantly improve (2), I think we could make a good argument that we deserve better (1). Perhaps not on par with the so-called "P5" schools, but certainly greater access than the remaining "G4" schools. Using the "P6" rubric gives us room to argue, "OK, we may not be P5, but top-to-bottom we aren't  G4 either..." Which is why it's a brilliant strategy.

All other things being equal, I believe USF is a better fit with the AAC than the Big XII, geographically and in other respects. If we had better access and better money than currently, I'd be pretty content with where we are in the AAC unless and until another conference offers to pay us an unseemly amount of money to change conferences.

Functionally, we could end up with easier/better overall access compared to lower-tier P5 schools because it's tougher for the Dukes of the world to get ranked when they play several blue-blood schools every year.

Go get that $10m contract, AAC!

23 minutes ago, Atlanta Bull said:

If B12 had added USF & UCF, based on this weeks polls, they would have SIX teams in the top 25. And not one of those teams is Texas. They would have also added a very large combined TV Market. Then they could have added a CCG and made a ton more on tv advertising. It is what it is, but Texas/B12 made a huge mistake not adding the FL teams. Oh yea and having a better recruiting message for FL kids.CFB Rankings

I'm not sure we can make this argument, because if USF and UCF were in the Big XII, we'd have either (1) beaten currently ranked Big XII schools, thereby reducing their number or (2) lost to these same schools, pushing us out of the rankings.

I guess it's possible we could be ranked without playing conference opponents, but it seems unlikely to me. I suspect that even if we were in the Big XII, they'd have the same number or fewer ranked teams.

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I think the chase after the Big XII has always been about (1) bowl and playoff opportunities and access and (2) money. 

If we could significantly improve (2), I think we could make a good argument that we deserve better (1). Perhaps not on par with the so-called "P5" schools, but certainly greater access than the remaining "G4" schools. Using the "P6" rubric gives us room to argue, "OK, we may not be P5, but top-to-bottom we aren't  G4 either..." Which is why it's a brilliant strategy.

All other things being equal, I believe USF is a better fit with the AAC than the Big XII, geographically and in other respects. If we had better access and better money than currently, I'd be pretty content with where we are in the AAC unless and until another conference offers to pay us an unseemly amount of money to change conferences.

Functionally, we could end up with easier/better overall access compared to lower-tier P5 schools because it's tougher for the Dukes of the world to get ranked when they play several blue-blood schools every year.

Go get that $10m contract, AAC!

The ACC is absolutely the best fit, but if there is any chance of that happening, it's really, really, really, small

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

The ACC is absolutely the best fit, but if there is any chance of that happening, it's really, really, really, small

I agree but as you note that seems even less likely than the Big XII. But in terms of "fit" (setting aside access and money) AAC is better than Big XII IMHO. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I get we need money, but for the love of god can we get better bowls...at least ONE decent one against a real team? Our bowls are trash.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

ACC would be super dope.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

52 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

ACC would be super dope.