• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So

Meow!!!

Boooommmm

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

As far as I could see nobody ever said Fedex was going to come up with $500 million.  Memphis claimed the school would invest $500 million in academics and athletics over the next five years.  Didn't we just raise 1 Billion in the USF unstoppable campaign? 

Fedex said they would sponsor Big12 football and basketball if Memphis was included, which is nice but I don't know if it would be hard for the Big12 to get other sponsors if Fedex wasn't involved.  I doubt it.

Sometimes the dowry isn't enough to make you marry the girl.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

USF is as aggressive as any university improving itself and preparing for future....more so than most universities by far.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Make USF Great Again!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

11 hours ago, raptorcj said:

For some reason, I'm not. I think the class with which we've handled our interactions with NCAA and other schools over the years works for us. Plus, UCF is weird.

Yeah guys this is nothing to get excited about.   I am hearing a lot of opinions based on a "buzz" (Dodd), a lot of "locks" (Twitter fool) which are  complete BS because they are still debating, and a lot of hypotheticals and then reports based on documents.  

We are missing from those documents?  Good, that means we are properly keeping a low profile (because we know for a fact we are pitching) - just like we did when we got into the BE.

People are going all out to publicly pitch their schools.  Well, what does that tell you?  It tells me they are chucking Hail Marys.

I am not saying we are in or out but I am actually starting to take it as a good sign we are not in the highly speculative discussion.  

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Like I said, countless times: there will be no package deal between UCF and USF...

they will leapfrog us into the P5

USF needs to be sold on their independent merit (not a 'rivalry' package deal that no one cares about)

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/ucf-very-much-on-big-12s-radar-whatever-that-means/2276840

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

Yeah guys this is nothing to get excited about.   I am hearing a lot of opinions based on a "buzz" (Dodd), a lot of "locks" (Twitter fool) which are  complete BS because they are still debating, and a lot of hypotheticals and then reports based on documents.  

We are missing from those documents?  Good, that means we are properly keeping a low profile (because we know for a fact we are pitching) - just like we did when we got into the BE.

People are going all out to publicly pitch their schools.  Well, what does that tell you?  It tells me they are chucking Hail Marys.

I am not saying we are in or out but I am actually starting to take it as a good sign we are not in the highly speculative discussion.  

I'd agree if most of the contacts the article mentioned didn't come 8ish months ago. 

Im sure USF made a pitch, as have several other schools, whether it's on their radar? No one definitely knows.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd agree if most of the contacts the article mentioned didn't come 8ish months ago. 

Im sure USF made a pitch, as have several other schools, whether it's on their radar? No one definitely knows.

Fair enough but why would Memphis be talking up their $500 million investment and the Fed Ex deal if they were in a good position?  In my opinion, to a certain extent, the schools doing that are in weaker positions (or perceive they are).  

If you follow that logic to the other end of the spectrum, the teams that are in a better position may not feel it is as necessary to make a lot of noise. We know there are an array of schools that are attempting to get into the Big 12.  I just think their behaviors may be revealing.

15 minutes ago, Bear said:

• Upvote 1