• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

6 minutes ago, CPR said:

I'm just looking at it from both sides, so it wouldn't necessarily be a sure thing. It could easily be BYU, Cincy, UConn, Memphis, Houston and UCF. They don't have to take both FL schools like a lot on this board think.

Would be the death of USF football.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Would be the death of USF football.

I'd say so.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1020626?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

South Florida

cropped_USAT_134554.jpg?ts=1450714575  

Pros: Would give the Big 12 a foothold in the talent-rich state of Florida. Large school with an enrollment of more than 48,000 students, and a 65,000-seat football stadium. Excellent TV market to expand the product. Vastly improved football program under Willie Taggart.

Cons: Nowhere near any other Big 12 school. Basketball program is coming off an 8-25 season.

With more than 950 miles between South Florida's campus in Tampa Bay and the next closest Big 12 school in West Virginia, this move doesn't make sense geographically. However, having a foothold in Florida will be an attractive feature to South Florida.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/05/03/sports/ncaafootball/ap-fbc-big-12-expansion-american.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=0

Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston, SMU, South Florida, Central Florida and Connecticut can all claim to bring either new TV markets or growing athletic programs — or both — to the Big 12. While officials at all those schools are diligent about publicly pledging allegiance to the American, behind the scenes they are positioning for a promotion to the Power Five.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

With the attendence issues due to the lack of OCS, I just don't see USF getting in. They are just a little too late to catch the train. I think USF may get their chance 20 to 30 years from now. Until then, we should enjoy the AAC. I can see the AAC bringing in FAU and Southern Miss for the replacements which is not a bad consultation prize. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

With the attendence issues due to the lack of OCS, I just don't see USF getting in. They are just a little too late to catch the train. I think USF may get their chance 20 to 30 years from now. Until then, we should enjoy the AAC. I can see the AAC bringing in FAU and Southern Miss for the replacements which is not a bad consultation prize. 

I think you meant consolation prize. Anyone looking at recent attendance just needs to look at attendance when we were at our high, that's what continued success on the field will bring in relatively short order especially in a conference like the Big 12. I'm sure that's what's being said among those involved. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, CRBULL said:

I think you meant consolation prize. Anyone looking at recent attendance just needs to look at attendance when we were at our high, that's what continued success on the field will bring in relatively short order especially in a conference like the Big 12. I'm sure that's what's being said among those involved. 

Hope they can sell that well. Sell them the 67k at the WVU game in 2007. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

What kind of person does it make me that all I really care about, in any scenario, is that you UCF stays in the American?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

What kind of person does it make me that all I really care about, in any scenario, is that you UCF stays in the American?

That was my first thought when I read the USAToday article this AM.  haha

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Navigate Research.