• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

34 minutes ago, Dogma said:

I have no idea who this Dan Figurelli person is, and whether or not anything he says is remotely close to being semi-facutal.

First guess is that he's a pompous little TuxedoYoda wannbe. Had a little pissing duel with another "insider"...

Daniel Figurelli Retweeted MHver3

No they haven't. You have no idea what's going on. I Challenge whatever sources you have

MHver3 @MHver3
      Just heard the AAC has reached out to BYU, Boise St, SDSU, and Colorado St in regards to joining after defections of UC/Uconn. #dejavu

Fun read though. Reminded me of the UH fan that had the email from an ESPN employee that had UCF as a lock and UH/UC battling it out based strictly on 2015 home football attendance ...
Honestly, how much credibility can you give to this kid:

djQEjeMA_bigger.jpg

Sweater vest........ really???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So, from everything I'm reading, BYU is the front runner but probably not in play, then the next up are:

1 Cincy, UConn

2a Houston

2b Memphis, USF, UCF

3 the rest

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

12 minutes ago, CPR said:

So, from everything I'm reading, BYU is the front runner but probably not in play,

Think about that for a while. :)

(Not making fun of you, that is what I keep reading, how can you be a front runner if you aren't wanted?)

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

First guess is that he's a pompous little TuxedoYoda wannbe. Had a little pissing duel with another "insider"...

Daniel Figurelli Retweeted MHver3

No they haven't. You have no idea what's going on. I Challenge whatever sources you have

MHver3 @MHver3
      Just heard the AAC has reached out to BYU, Boise St, SDSU, and Colorado St in regards to joining after defections of UC/Uconn. #dejavu

Fun read though. Reminded me of the UH fan that had the email from an ESPN employee that had UCF as a lock and UH/UC battling it out based strictly on 2015 home football attendance ...
Honestly, how much credibility can you give to this kid:

djQEjeMA_bigger.jpg

Sweater vest........ really???

I do sometime enjoy reading through MHver3 posts... dude posts/tweets almost every expansion possibility to see what sticks.  Makes a lighthearted tabloid-esque reading

MHver's response to this made me chuckle:

MHver has (and did at the time) post basically any and all expansion possibilities. 

So yes, if you search back then, he probably did post what happened when the BEast broke up.. along with 500+ other scenarios that did not happen.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I will say though, if UConn and Cincy left and BYU, BSU, C-State and SDSU joined, the conference would still be pretty solid:

For better readability:

AAC East Division

• East Carolina
  • Memphis
  • Navy
  • South Florida
  • Temple
  • Tulane
  • UCF

AAC West Division

• Boise State
  • BYU
  • Colorado State
  • Houston
  • San Diego State
  • SMU
  • Tulsa
Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I sure trust Harlan to do a better job than Woolard but it sounds like he is saying much the same thing.

"When deck chairs start moving around again, if there is an again, it's so unpredictable that it's almost tireless effort to try to predict when those things come up," Harlan said. "So I've just decided that the best thing we can do is just focus on ourselves and rise to the things that I know would make us great if things happened again.

"We are serious about trying to add great value to (the American Athletic) conference. It's very important to me and this institution that we do so. But also, we're aspirational, as we should be. And if there are things that happen, we want to make sure that we're in the best position, despite the fact that maybe approaches to those things are different from institution to institution."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-remains-cryptic-about-power-five-moves/2266477

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I sure trust Harlan to do a better job than Woolard but it sounds like he is saying much the same thing.

"When deck chairs start moving around again, if there is an again, it's so unpredictable that it's almost tireless effort to try to predict when those things come up," Harlan said. "So I've just decided that the best thing we can do is just focus on ourselves and rise to the things that I know would make us great if things happened again.

"We are serious about trying to add great value to (the American Athletic) conference. It's very important to me and this institution that we do so. But also, we're aspirational, as we should be. And if there are things that happen, we want to make sure that we're in the best position, despite the fact that maybe approaches to those things are different from institution to institution."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-remains-cryptic-about-power-five-moves/2266477

Yep, seems like some schools are taking the, "Hey, look at me, I'm unhappy here and want you" approach. While we're being respectful to our conference. I don't know what would be better. I'm guessing the best approach is to win and spend money on athletics. Win and the fans show up, spend money to show you're serious. Houston would be great if it weren't for all the other Texas schools and UConn wouldn't be in this mess if they weren't on a different continent.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Having a few winning seasons means about nothing for expansion. Drawing a crowd even during losing seasons would be more important. But the driving force is money. The University needs a large endowment, a rich and big alumni, big boosters, a big market as well as decent academics. Look at Boise St. They've been decent for years but they have a crappy market and horrible academics. USF's endowment is almost 5 times bigger (ahem). Our biggest selling points are out market, decent academics, recruiting and a future alumni.

I realize that Harlan has to be careful about what he says but if I was him I'd be as aggressive as possible. I'd be begging Vinik to pimp us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Having a few winning seasons means about nothing for expansion. Drawing a crowd even during losing seasons would be more important. But the driving force is money. The University needs a large endowment, a rich and big alumni, big boosters, a big market as well as decent academics.

Need much more of this, particularly drawing a crowd even during down years. For now, I'd love to have a larger endowment and keep churning out some fervent, big-money alumni/boosters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Thing is we don't know what kind of job Woolard did or what kind Harlan is doing. Regardless of what's leaked out, this is not being played out in the media ...