• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I hope the next round of realignment is a major one because, IMO, the ONLY good thing about the Big12 is the money.

For me the travel expenses and destinations are not appealing at all. Yes, I know the the play on the field would be better than the AAC, but so far we've not been able to keep up with these guys, so why travel that far to get our butts handed to us?

My druthers... We replace FSU.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I hope the next round of realignment is a major one because, IMO, the ONLY good thing about the Big12 is the money.

For me the travel expenses and destinations are not appealing at all. Yes, I know the the play on the field would be better than the AAC, but so far we've not been able to keep up with these guys, so why travel that far to get our butts handed to us?

My druthers... We replace FSU.

wut he said

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Just so you all know. Being #2 mid-season for 1 week in 2007 will not even be considered or remembered when it comes to B12 expansion. UCF finished in the 10 in 2013 and that is good, but will not determine B12 expansion. First, Texas needs to agree to drop the LHN and convert it to the B12 network. If that happens, then the league will look at candidates. They may already be researching candidates, in case it needs to be a swift move. But no B12 network has been announced yet. Who knows, TX and OK may bail on their own and crumble the whole thing. However, right now, as much in denial you all are, UCF is in serious contention here and not much talk on USF. The Big East past is no longer relevant.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I stopped reading after this paragraph...

"Getting Kansas State football into the city of Orlando is actually the much bigger deal when it comes to adding UCF to the Big 12. One of the top tourist destinations on the planet, there’s a lot of revenue to be gained and of course, more money for the Big 12 equals more money for Kansas State. By the way, the Big 12 is the only conference of the “power 5″ that does not have a school located in Florida."

I didn't know the Pac12 and B1G were in Florida already.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

George O’Leary has done an immaculate job taking UCF from Conference USA obscurity to a 2014 Fiesta Bowl upset over Baylor.

NCAA sanctions and killing a player aren't what I consider falling under the umbrella of "immaculate" ... Just another know nothing hack's opinion.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Just so you all know. Being #2 mid-season for 1 week in 2007 will not even be considered or remembered when it comes to B12 expansion. UCF finished in the 10 in 2013 and that is good, but will not determine B12 expansion. First, Texas needs to agree to drop the LHN and convert it to the B12 network. If that happens, then the league will look at candidates. They may already be researching candidates, in case it needs to be a swift move. But no B12 network has been announced yet. Who knows, TX and OK may bail on their own and crumble the whole thing. However, right now, as much in denial you all are, UCF is in serious contention here and not much talk on USF. The Big East past is no longer relevant.

George O’Leary has done an immaculate job taking UCF from Conference USA obscurity to a 2014 Fiesta Bowl upset over Baylor.

NCAA sanctions and killing a player aren't what I consider falling under the umbrella of "immaculate" ... Just another know nothing hack's opinion.

Thug life.  Maybe that is what we are missing.  Seems to work for FSU, Florida, and now UCF.  We needs to do some bad things.  

Link?

I stopped reading after this paragraph...

"Getting Kansas State football into the city of Orlando is actually the much bigger deal when it comes to adding UCF to the Big 12. One of the top tourist destinations on the planet, there’s a lot of revenue to be gained and of course, more money for the Big 12 equals more money for Kansas State. By the way, the Big 12 is the only conference of the “power 5″ that does not have a school located in Florida."

I didn't know the Pac12 and B1G were in Florida already.

LOL ... Missed that one. Apparently the B12 beat writers aren't the sharpest. Reminds me of the Ok State one who didn't realize that UCF had been to a BCS bowl a year and a half ago.