• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

But the list is talking about the current state of Florida football teams, and I honestly can't find too much disagreement in it.

Look, FSU is undisputed right now, and UCF DID have the 12-1 season, so they deserve the credit there. Florida went 4-8, so if anything I'd maybe flip the two. But otherwise? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

But the list is talking about the current state of Florida football teams, and I honestly can't find too much disagreement in it.

Look, FSU is undisputed right now, and UCF DID have the 12-1 season, so they deserve the credit there. Florida went 4-8, so if anything I'd maybe flip the two. But otherwise? 

Exactly .... It's not the "current state" of those programs. It's the way the teams performed during the 2013-14 season ... and even that's disputed because UF lost to freaking Ga Southern and went 4-8 so how could they be ahead of a 9-4 UM team? The list is a joke if based on anything other than last year's finish.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Exactly .... It's not the "current state" of those programs. It's the way the teams performed during the 2013-14 season ... and even that's disputed because UF lost to freaking Ga Southern and went 4-8 so how could they be ahead of a 9-4 UM team? The list is a joke if based on anything other than last year's finish.

Current State, Outcome of the last season, same difference.  But I agree with you. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

"Why UCF right now is a better opportunity than Miami is because how recruits see the program," Matich said. "UCF just won the Fiesta Bowl. They're a BCS bowl champion. The last time Miami played in a BCS bowl these rising seniors that are recruits now were seven years old watching more Power Rangers than college football. The sex appeal is in Orlando."

If is such a sexy choice for recruits, wouldn't they be the program that was pulling in the better recruiting classes? Not sure if they have a better class than Miami, but didn't pull in, far and away, the best class in the AAC?

They had a good year. Congrats to them, but they pulled out at least 4 miracle wins by the play of the #1 QB to go in the NFL draft. Let's not act like they were blowing people out and are simply a major powerhouse set to reload their talent.

Just based on expectations they may be set up for failure.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

UCF will be a power house for years to come. Get used to it. USF fans need to worry about the Bulls getting better instead of predicting UCF to start losing this season. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Not buying the ucf hype but it is cute.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I hope we put a foot in there tradesman entrance

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

UCF will be a power house for years to come. Get used to it. USF fans need to worry about the Bulls getting better instead of predicting UCF to start losing this season.

Other than for discussion on here I don't pay any more attention to them than any other program unless the discussion concerns USF.

A powerhouse for years to come? One good year doesn't make them a powerhouse. Come back with that statement when they finish ranked in the top 10 for 3 or 4 years in row.

Until then they are a flash in the pan just like we were for 3 or 4 years.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I don't like UCF.

But, the fact is that they have the 10 win seasons, the BCS win, the top 25 ranking, etc. It doesn't matter one bit who they beat to get the wins. What matters is the perception.

Until USF puts together a similiar run the converstion on a national level will continue be the same.