• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The kind of rumors that at least I was looking for were the kind that come from insiders WHO DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION OFFICIALLY. Have you heard of those? Anything else, IMO, is a waste of time.

Most of the posts on this board are a "waste of time". The most mundane issues usually turn into an urination contest.

Threads often get like that sure. But during the coaching search there was a thread for reports with sources. Obviously this isn't like that thread. Too bad because it would be nice to have a solid source leaks thread vs this speculation thread.

How do you define a solid leak?  The title is Rumors, which is what exactly is being reported on this thread.  If you want a solid leak, wait until it shows up on ESPN.  They usually have the information reported at least a few hours before the news conference.  If you want to wait that long, there isn't anything to post on here.

Something coming from someone with inside sources vs someone with an imagination. Say McMurphy vs Hem. Or Ajerseyguy vs Joe Blow on some blog. And I don't care about the time frame, as I get an email notice when this thread is being updated so a few hours or a day or a week heads up is fine.

And if you guys haven't noticed, anything that isn't yet official on conference realignment that is posted in its own thread is being moved into this tread. It just makes it hard when the rumors that may come true are mixed in with the fantasies.

This is the definition of Rumor I found btw.

1. unverified report: a generally circulated story, report, or statement without facts to confirm its truth

Synonyms: story, claim, report, unconfirmed report

I would think this is what all of us are looking for but it seems for many its not.

So, you consider ajerseyguy legit?  He is just a guy with a blog, which you said isn't legit.

How about tuxedoyoda?  Swaim?  MHVer3?

What is your criteria for deciding which ones are "legit"?  Do you have an investigative team?

You don't seem to know about ajerseyguy, Mark Blaudschun. http://ajerseyguy.com/?page_id=22 http://www.bostonglobe.com/staff/blaudschun

He's an award winning reporter. Not by some blog award organization but by the Football Writer's Association and is a sports reporter for the Boston Globe and has worked in their sports department for over 25 years and reports on the Big East.

My investigative team consists of a search engine. You should try it out because they hide things like people being award winning reporters on the internet. :rolleyes:

So he's an award winning reporter.  That doesn't prove he has better sources.  I'll use Greg Swaim as an example.  During the Big 12 near breakup/losing schools/gaining schools he had info on every single move weeks before they happened.  He said TCU was bailing on the BE when people on here were deriding him and saying the TCU AD said they were BE bound, how would Swaim know more?  He was the first to say WVU was going to the Big 12.  Swaim must have someone inside the Big 12, and his sources there trump Jerseyguy.  Swaim is useless with other conference info, but the Big 12 stuff he gets.  

To say that one guy knows more aobut something just because he won an award once is rather ridiculous.  Ken Griffey Jr once won an MVP award, but I don't want him patrolling CF for the Rays this year.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The kind of rumors that at least I was looking for were the kind that come from insiders WHO DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION OFFICIALLY. Have you heard of those? Anything else, IMO, is a waste of time.

Most of the posts on this board are a "waste of time". The most mundane issues usually turn into an urination contest.

Threads often get like that sure. But during the coaching search there was a thread for reports with sources. Obviously this isn't like that thread. Too bad because it would be nice to have a solid source leaks thread vs this speculation thread.

How do you define a solid leak?  The title is Rumors, which is what exactly is being reported on this thread.  If you want a solid leak, wait until it shows up on ESPN.  They usually have the information reported at least a few hours before the news conference.  If you want to wait that long, there isn't anything to post on here.

Something coming from someone with inside sources vs someone with an imagination. Say McMurphy vs Hem. Or Ajerseyguy vs Joe Blow on some blog. And I don't care about the time frame, as I get an email notice when this thread is being updated so a few hours or a day or a week heads up is fine.

And if you guys haven't noticed, anything that isn't yet official on conference realignment that is posted in its own thread is being moved into this tread. It just makes it hard when the rumors that may come true are mixed in with the fantasies.

1. unverified report: a generally circulated story, report, or statement without facts to confirm its truth

I would think this is what all of us are looking for but it seems for many its not.

So, you consider ajerseyguy legit?  He is just a guy with a blog, which you said isn't legit.

What is your criteria for deciding which ones are "legit"?  Do you have an investigative team?

You don't seem to know about ajerseyguy, Mark Blaudschun. http://ajerseyguy.com/?page_id=22 http://www.bostonglobe.com/staff/blaudschun

He's an award winning reporter. Not by some blog award organization but by the Football Writer's Association and is a sports reporter for the Boston Globe and has worked in their sports department for over 25 years and reports on the Big East.

My investigative team consists of a search engine. You should try it out because they hide things like people being award winning reporters on the internet. :rolleyes:

So he's an award winning reporter.  That doesn't prove he has better sources.  I'll use Greg Swaim as an example.  During the Big 12 near breakup/losing schools/gaining schools he had info on every single move weeks before they happened.  He said TCU was bailing on the BE when people on here were deriding him and saying the TCU AD said they were BE bound, how would Swaim know more?  He was the first to say WVU was going to the Big 12.  Swaim must have someone inside the Big 12, and his sources there trump Jerseyguy.  Swaim is useless with other conference info, but the Big 12 stuff he gets.  

To say that one guy knows more aobut something just because he won an award once is rather ridiculous.  Ken Griffey Jr once won an MVP award, but I don't want him patrolling CF for the Rays this year.

Just wonder if you dressed the part this morning because you're acting like a full blown drama queen.

Robert-downey-drag-sherlock-holmes.jpg

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Just wonder if you dressed the part this morning because you're acting like a full blown drama queen.

says the guy complaining about the quality of rumors ....hello pot :D

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Popcorn, get'cha popcorn

Nachos and a Yuengling for me ... Later in the day of course. :D

Cue Jackson/ Buffett

That bar is right down the street and Alan lives right across the sound. It's always 5 o'clock here, 4 sure.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

says the guy complaining about the quality of rumors ....hello pot :D

I don't think half of you know the difference between a rumor, something that may be true but not yet verified and speculation which has no basis on anything that is actually happening but on imagination. So its not the quality of rumors I have an issue with its the fact that most of this thread is speculation not based on any actual reports of what is happening behind the scenes but what people think this conference or that network want and that USF fits that want. But hey you guys have fun with USF going to the Big XII after March Madness (I guess that is between April 7 and the end of time) or the ACC or wherever.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I always figured that the speculation talk fell under the "ect" part of the thread title

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Not a rumor, but we were mentioned in the Big 12 blog on ESPN.

"Jaxon Heath in Dallas writes: Ok David, I know you've been through all the expansion talk again and again, but with the Big East break up, why doesn't the Big 12 snatch up South Florida? It's located in a major market, in a major state and games in Florida would help in recruiting. USF is a large university as well.

DU: Interesting suggestion, Jaxon. It works on some levels, but I don't really buy it. If you're going to dig into Florida, I think you only do it for a home run, i.e. Florida State. I wouldn't take a risk on a team that is so far out of your footprint and doesn't have a lot of proven success on the field, though the formula to do that is there with its location and size. TCU was a little different because a) The Big 12 absolutely needed a new member, and B) its proximity and history and likely future growth outweighed its small size and poor facilities (outside of a new football stadium and baseball stadium). I could see a world in which USF works as a Big 12 member, but it's risky, and not worth rolling the dice. The risk far outweighs the reward, and it's hard to see USF truly becoming one of the best two programs in Florida consistently, Big 12 membership or otherwise. The league should jump at any opportunity to land Florida State, but USF would give me reason for pause. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/64972/mailbag-expansion-2013-title-schedule-rank

Does David Ubben really think all or even most of these conference realignment moves are obvious FSU-esque (national brand) "home runs?" And, these include conferences that are more stable and widely desired than the Big 12, and can logically afford to be more selective.

I think he is just trying to rationalize his prejudice against USF.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Are there rules to that contest ?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I always figured that the speculation talk fell under the "ect" part of the thread title

ZING!!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Step away from the monitor. Long term exposure may be hazardous to your mental health.