• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

So, have any other sources reported this rumor, or just this single blog?

I'm not convinced there is any truth to this one, but at least it's positive.

You're just now noticing that this whole conversation is based on nothing at all?

It has been particularly worthless discussion since the thread was brought back from the dead a few days ago, all over a sourceless, baseless blog post by someone going by the name "tuxedo yoda." Nothing that has been offered since that post has had any relevance to anything at all ever.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

BC's regret of moving to the ACC:  http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/42431850/

If realignment happens I hope we get into the ACC (southeast) vs. BIG 12 (midwest / southwest).

If would be great if the ACC would include UCF, FSU, Miami and USF.  ACC has a lock down on NC so why not FL. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Reality for USF is to make the best with what we have no matter where we end up.  Keep winning and you make yourself appealing for the next round of expansion AND you get to play the big boys in the bowls where you can further build your rep.  The ACC is the #5 conference for now, but I think it is possible for our new conference or a conference like the MWC to usurp that status from the ACC.  Even with our current makeup in the new "America 12" as it seems to be called, I think we are already in striking distance of the ACC in football. 

"Striking distance" in what sense? On-field results? That and a dollar will buy us a candy bar. Fact is, the Big East that existed between 2005 and 2012 was ranked HIGHER than the ACC in most rating services, like Sagarin, more of those years than not. We were ranked higher than the B1G in three of those years.

For all the good it did us: When it came time to dole out media money and bowl bids, we were left on the scrap heap and any of our schools was willing to jump to any other Power conference. And that's because on-field performance has almost nothing to do with the conference-desirability of a school. If it was, then the Power 5 would have been tripping all over themselves to lure Boise State, but Boise is on the outside looking in, while a Notre Dame, which until this past season had never done anything during the BCS era, can join any conference they want any time they want.

The coin of the realm in terms of being desirable to a conference is not wins on the field, nor is it "market size". It is brand name recognition. Sure, we do have a path to an ACC bid, if certain cards fall the right way. But that's what it's going to take until we establish national brand visibility.

Reality for USF is to make the best with what we have no matter where we end up.  Keep winning and you make yourself appealing for the next round of expansion AND you get to play the big boys in the bowls where you can further build your rep.  The ACC is the #5 conference for now, but I think it is possible for our new conference or a conference like the MWC to usurp that status from the ACC.  Even with our current makeup in the new "America 12" as it seems to be called, I think we are already in striking distance of the ACC in football. 

"Striking distance" in what sense? On-field results? That and a dollar will buy us a candy bar. Fact is, the Big East that existed between 2005 and 2012 was ranked HIGHER than the ACC in most rating services, like Sagarin, more of those years than not. We were ranked higher than the B1G in three of those years.

For all the good it did us: When it came time to dole out media money and bowl bids, we were left on the scrap heap and any of our schools was willing to jump to any other Power conference. And that's because on-field performance has almost nothing to do with the conference-desirability of a school. If it was, then the Power 5 would have been tripping all over themselves to lure Boise State, but Boise is on the outside looking in, while a Notre Dame, which until this past season had never done anything during the BCS era, can join any conference they want any time they want.

The coin of the realm in terms of being desirable to a conference is not wins on the field, nor is it "market size". It is brand name recognition. Sure, we do have a path to an ACC bid, if certain cards fall the right way. But that's what it's going to take until we establish national brand visibility.

Brilliant post!

This is what I and others have been saying for a long time.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Also if USF/UCF got invited I dont see any "gift or loan" money coming from Big 12 as it would happen prior to June 30, 2013 for the 2014 season. 

WVU got help because Big 12 was in a bind and needed 1 after they took TCU (Wish Big 12 would have taken UL and WVU at once but TCU replaced A&M then WVU replaced Mizzou)

I would expect USF/UCF would have to pay the $10 mil and buyout only ~15 months of 27 months and that would mean probably $12.5 mil total from precedents seen below

WVU paid $5 mil buyout and then negotiated the total 27 months (2 seasons) for ~16 mil. = 21

Pitt and Cuse paid $5 mil buyout and negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = 7.5

UL will pay $10 mil buyout and will negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = $12.5

It will be interesting to see what ND pays since they have $0 buyout but have to negotiate the 27 months.

I think the one thing going for USF/UCF in regards to the Big12 is that the Big12 needs more eastern teams in order for their plan to gain parody with the SEC to work.

The big question is though can the Big12 manage to lure away FSU/UM... if they can, then I serious doubt that the Big12 would be interested in USF/UCF. Only way I can see the Big12 coming after us vs them, is if FSU/UM choose to stay in the sinking ACC, or if they can only get one of them.

Also who's to say that the Big12 will even want two Florida teams... they might be content with stopping at just FSU or Miami.

Like I said before, we need to just stay put where we are at and wait to see what becomes of the ACC. I believe that the ACC will cease to exist in a few years because the big 3 eastern conferences (Big12, Big10, and SEC) are gonna rip and tear.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Since this thread speaks of the Big 12, /cfb on reddit is all abuzz about possible sanctions (their assumption) brewing in Texas. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/19y5v0/major_news_coming_out_of_texas_tonight/

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Would you folks PLEASE stop indicating FSU might go to the B1G?!?!?!

FSU is categorically NOT a B1G candidate. The B1G will ONLY take AAU members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities#Membership

Technically, the B1G has only ever taken AAU members to this point in their history. The conference could decide to take a non-AAU member or more if they felt it was best for the conference.

Things do change over time.

Nebraska pisses them off enough to have commented on it publicly, but privately, I'm sure the money more than makes up for it.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If they can make more $, ppl will change anything

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

If they can make more $, ppl will change anything

ya think

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

Also if USF/UCF got invited I dont see any "gift or loan" money coming from Big 12 as it would happen prior to June 30, 2013 for the 2014 season. 

WVU got help because Big 12 was in a bind and needed 1 after they took TCU (Wish Big 12 would have taken UL and WVU at once but TCU replaced A&M then WVU replaced Mizzou)

I would expect USF/UCF would have to pay the $10 mil and buyout only ~15 months of 27 months and that would mean probably $12.5 mil total from precedents seen below

WVU paid $5 mil buyout and then negotiated the total 27 months (2 seasons) for ~16 mil. = 21

Pitt and Cuse paid $5 mil buyout and negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = 7.5

UL will pay $10 mil buyout and will negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = $12.5

It will be interesting to see what ND pays since they have $0 buyout but have to negotiate the 27 months.

I think the one thing going for USF/UCF in regards to the Big12 is that the Big12 needs more eastern teams in order for their plan to gain parody with the SEC to work.

The big question is though can the Big12 manage to lure away FSU/UM... if they can, then I serious doubt that the Big12 would be interested in USF/UCF. Only way I can see the Big12 coming after us vs them, is if FSU/UM choose to stay in the sinking ACC, or if they can only get one of them.

Also who's to say that the Big12 will even want two Florida teams... they might be content with stopping at just FSU or Miami.

Like I said before, we need to just stay put where we are at and wait to see what becomes of the ACC. I believe that the ACC will cease to exist in a few years because the big 3 eastern conferences (Big12, Big10, and SEC) are gonna rip and tear.

How does adding USF/UCF help the Big12 gain "parity" with the SEC? Just cause you're in the east? Location isn't everything. The SEC and Big 12 pride themselves on football quality. So what do y'all bring to the party?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

Popular movies that fall under the "parody" category include:

"Police Academy" (spoof on police movies of the 1980s)

"Austin Powers" (spoof on James Bond movies)

"Spaceballs" (spoof on Star Wars movies)

"Airplane!" (spoof on disaster movies of the 1970s)

"Blazing Saddles" (spoof on American Western movies)

"Young Frankenstein" (spoof on classic monster movies)

"Robin Hood: Men in Tights" (spoof on all Robin Hood movies)

"Scary Movie" (spoof on horror movies)