• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

FSU will unconditionally leave the ACC, even if UConn and Cincinnati bring in more money?

Yes if it costs them a chance at the final four, RPI.

That's a silly rationalization. Especially with Cincinnati doing very well record-wise in the Big East. It could also allow FSU to play more Southern members.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I have no problems talking and debating alot of this stuff, but some seam to take these rumors and run off a cliff with them.

You need to have a pretty vivid imagination to venture into these threads and suspend reality as we know it ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Soap opera for men at its best.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

My rumors better than your rumor, my rumors better than yoooouuurrrrrs

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problems talking and debating alot of this stuff, but some seam to take these rumors and run off a cliff with them.

You need to have a pretty vivid imagination to venture into these threads and suspend reality as we know it ...

I get that, my frustration is more with some of the so called "national media" which seems to run with these rumors as bad if not worse than the common fan and get everyone in a frenzy. I expect a journalist to atleast weigh things with reality, and that simply doesn't happen. I get politics running off the rails, but to have sports reporting now be as bad as TMZ, well thats just frustrating.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I get that, my frustration is more with some of the so called "national media" which seems to run with these rumors as bad if not worse than the common fan and get everyone in a frenzy. I expect a journalist to atleast weigh things with reality, and that simply doesn't happen. I get politics running off the rails, but to have sports reporting now be as bad as TMZ, well thats just frustrating.

There is zero accountability in modern sports "journalism" as long as you steer clear of racially insensitive comments. Sports "journalism" has pretty much devolved into something worse than TMZ. First is better than accurate......

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Much of it is for sensationalism to get pageviews-for the website ads and publicity for the article author.

I doubt FSU and Miami would go to the Big 12 before any other ACC defections happened. And, I am somewhat skeptical that core ACC teams are guaranteed to leave for the Big 10 anytime soon.

If I were the Big 10, I would actually wait at least a few years to assimilate the two new members, and see what subscription rate I could charge for the conference network-instead of overwhelming the conference with unpredictability and a little instability of its own.

And, if the Big 10 is so heavily preferred by current ACC members, it can probably wait, while making its evaluations and strategy. It has much less need to hurry than conferences like the Big East and Big 12.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

some tweets floating around by mhver of usf ucf boise sdsu and smu to mwc

That might not be such a bad move. Seems like we'd need more eastern teams.