• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

And just when you think Uconn is gone and ACC goes boom, UL might end up there and stop movement for now.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

money makes world go round

Big money goes around the world

Big money underground

Big money got a mighty voice

Big money make no sound

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If the ACC may lose 4-6 teams, I would think the better option to the remaining ACC teams would be to beg the BE for admission. BE is getting a new tv deal and ACC is stuck with theirs till 2027. If the teams mentioned (NC, VA, VT, FSU, CU, and GT) GTFO, id say Duke, BC, UM, SU, Pitt, Wake, NC state < UL, UConn, USF, UC, Boise, UCF, and Houston. Along with the weaker BE teams they could probably get a nice TV deal and give the finger to ESPN.

I could be wrong, but I would think the TV deal is on hold at the moment pending whatever happens next in realignment. The BE is almost definitely going to lose at least 1 more team here pretty soon.

no way there is a tv deal now

there is no big east conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

It just goes to show, I remember reading many ESPN and other articles saying that we'd have conference stability for the foreseeable future because everyone's happy and the ACC has a $50 million buyout in place. The bottom line is that ESPN, to the extent it isn't pulling strings behind the scenes, is just a reactionary and unreliable a source as any social media outlet. Just last year, I remember seeing the ESPN crawler saying that FSU and Clemson were SEC bound.

My point is this: take EVERYTHING from ANY SOURCE with a grain of salt until you see a press conference.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think ESPN ever expressly said that FSU and Clemson were SEC bound, or B12 bound, for that matter. They did at least confirm talks were happening.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

ACC football news tweeting GT and St johns possibl to ACC.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Andy Katz â€@ESPNAndyKatz

Interesting how West Virginia nudged out Louisville for Big 12, now Lou could do the same to UConn for ACC. The politics of college sports.

1h Andy Katz â€@ESPNAndyKatz

UConn still in the dark on ACC next move. Don't assume Huskies. Louisville is a serious player here to bump out UConn for 14th FB ACC spot.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

If the ACC may lose 4-6 teams, I would think the better option to the remaining ACC teams would be to beg the BE for admission. BE is getting a new tv deal and ACC is stuck with theirs till 2027. If the teams mentioned (NC, VA, VT, FSU, CU, and GT) GTFO, id say Duke, BC, UM, SU, Pitt, Wake, NC state < UL, UConn, USF, UC, Boise, UCF, and Houston. Along with the weaker BE teams they could probably get a nice TV deal and give the finger to ESPN.

I could be wrong, but I would think the TV deal is on hold at the moment pending whatever happens next in realignment. The BE is almost definitely going to lose at least 1 more team here pretty soon.

no way there is a tv deal now

there is no big east conference

I understand that there is no deal now. But teams leavimg to go to the ACC are going into a deal that is valid until 2027. The fact that there is no BE contract could be a strength. The remaining ACC schools IF FSU, CU, VT, VA, and GT, are not football ppwerhouses... It would serve them well to explore the BE and negotiate a stronger deal - especially the basketball side, it would be the best in the nation hands down. Those ACC leftovers need most if not all of the remaing BE AND more to even look like an attractive conference. And again, they are stuck in a contract till 2027. Boise, UC, USF, UCF, UL, UH, SMU are all argueably as good as or better that the remaining ACC football teams. IF ESPN is in Swoffords ear telling him about potential teams to add, they realize that the ACC is just as close to irrelevance as the BE. I think its going to come down to a deathmatch between the two of them, and the lack of a deal is actually a strength for the BE.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

How reliable is Katz though?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

ACC football news tweeting GT and St johns possibl to ACC.

Who is GT? You do realize that Georgia Tech is already in the ACC, right? And St. Johns in the ACC is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by GaUSFBull