• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, puc86 said:

Expecting a single FBS win isn’t unrealistic, expecting people to think having that expectation is unrealistic is the unrealistic expectation.

I said a single FBS win to this point was a reasonable expectation. While he did fall short of that, the teams' performance against Memphis (depth got the team at the end) and UCF made up for the failure to beat Temple, IMO. Many are acting like he has lost a bunch of games that we were supposed to win, and that just isn't the case. Don't believe me, ask Vegas. Seriously though, would things feel all that different right now if his record was 3-12 instead of 2-13? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Of course we need to wait and see for the ultimate, final grade, but we can also do some quarterly report cards. Otherwise, what would we mindlessly and needlessly banter about on an internet message board?

I would love to see the syllabus that allows for you to bomb every test but make it up in trying really hard, I mean not in silly things like recruiting or game planning but in other really hard tries on super top secret things that can only be seen or harvested in three years and not a moment before that. Also penalties and wins have absolutely nothing to do with one another, literally nothing that’s not a nuanced take that something I can objectively prove.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then he probably should have gotten an incomplete. 

In my defense, I did preface my grade by saying it is entirely too early to give him a grade. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Of course we need to wait and see for the ultimate, final grade, but we can also do some quarterly report cards. Otherwise, what would we mindlessly and needlessly banter about on an internet message board?

You must have gone to ucf if failing every single test = a B at your college .....  🤣

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I would love to see the syllabus that allows for you to bomb every test but make it up in trying really hard, I mean not in silly things like recruiting or game planning but in other really hard tries on super top secret things that can only be seen or harvested in three years and not a moment before that. Also penalties and wins have absolutely nothing to do with one another, literally nothing that’s not a nuanced take that something I can objectively prove.

Discipline from a team that was clearly undisciplined under the prior coach. I realize that not all penalties are created equal, but there are some that correlate with a lack of discipline. 

Just now, chapelbull said:

You must have gone to ucf if failing every single test = a B at your college .....  🤣

He hasn't failed relative to realistic expectations, that is the grander point in all of this. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I said a single FBS win to this point was a reasonable expectation. While he did fall short of that, the teams' performance against Memphis (depth got the team at the end) and UCF made up for the failure to beat Temple, IMO. Many are acting like he has lost a bunch of games that we were supposed to win, and that just isn't the case. Don't believe me, ask Vegas. Seriously though, would things feel all that different right now if his record was 3-12 instead of 2-13? 

So he didn’t even meet your very low standards which is ridiculously low and yet you have him a “B”. Yes I do think winning a single FBS win could have made a world of difference, had that win been his last FBS win this is an entirely different conversation where every single person is excited and seeing improvement. But we don’t have to worry about nuanced conversations like that because this is actually really cut and dry.

Just now, puc86 said:

So he didn’t even meet your very low standards which is ridiculously low and yet you have him a “B”. Yes I do think winning a single FBS win could have made a world of difference, had that win been his last FBS win this is an entirely different conversation where every single person is excited and seeing improvement. But we don’t have to worry about nuanced conversations like that because this is actually really cut and dry.

He failed to beat Temple, but exceeded performance expectations against Memphis and UCF, hence the B. This isn't a pass/fail course based solely upon winning percentage. Last year's course was "Learning to Coach a Dumpster Fire During a Pandemic." This year's course is "Recovering From the Burns Sustained in a Dumpster Fire and Rebuilding Your Foundation." Next year's course is "Posting a Non-losing Season." 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

He hasn't failed relative to realistic expectations, that is the grander point in all of this. 

No, the only thing a coach is ultimately judged by is W/L's.  He has failed every time he has stepped onto the field against an FBS opponent.   The only "grander point" is that he isn't done and there is still time to start "passing" those tests.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

LAST Year F - 1 win against FCS is unacceptable.

NC STATE F 

FL D

Famu  C

so D below average coaching and developing players. Lets hope they build and develop this team.

BYU will get a good look to see what we got this year.

I think they are overrated but better than us.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I knew it didn't sound exactly right ..... I was going to say like flies to **** but that would have created an unneeded opening.

Why does the site block out honey?