• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Out of curiosity,

if CJS does turn us into a winning program, will you admit you were wrong?

I’m not wrong. I have not said he can’t do better or is doomed to be forever horrible. My criticism is in how he has handled his initial period, that he was green and naive which was not an opportunity to take a flyer when we needed the wins now, that his stated plan for success had no chance for success and should have disqualified him and that he absolutely is accountable and can do things to improve his failures which were not a necessary component to a path towards success. Today is a new day and he should wake up every day wondering what can I do with what I control to make it better than yesterday because I assure you that it is possible.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Lol does anyone these days?

If I were making projections I absolutely could be wrong but I’m simply reviewing what has happened and I doubt there will be any new perspectives brought to light that will make this failure appear to have been necessary or helpful. If you want to start to improve the best thing you can do is start that path and not see how far the wrong direction you can go before you naturally bounce back 

I’ll pose the question far more simply what is one thing that is better today than it was the day before CJS stepped on campus? If the answer is something silly like culture it is my belief that the best culture is a winning culture, so as far as cultural changes go this is the worst culture we have ever had at USF, bar none.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I’m not wrong. I have not said he can’t do better or is doomed to be forever horrible. My criticism is in how he has handled his initial period, that he was green and naive which was not an opportunity to take a flyer when we needed the wins now, that his stated plan for success had no chance for success and should have disqualified him and that he absolutely is accountable and can do things to improve his failures which were not a necessary component to a path towards success. Today is a new day and he should wake up every day wondering what can I do with what I control to make it better than yesterday because I assure you that it is possible.

Ok got it, you won’t. 
Just wondering. 

5 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Ok got it, you won’t. 
Just wondering. 

If I come to the conclusion it cannot be overcome and declare it but it later changes I will be the most happy person in the world to say I was wrong. The problem is I’ve only spoken about things that have already happened and they are bad and will forever be bad.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I remember when many of the same people were on this board asking to fire Taggart and the same people were saying he should stay two years later.

Scott might work out and he might not, but still too early to tell.

I think the big issue that I worry about with that point is that Willie already had some studs playing…I am not sure that is the case for Scott. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think the big issue that I worry about with that point is that Willie already had some studs playing…I am not sure that is the case for Scott. 

Too early to tell I think McClain is very good and will be our next QB. Last week was hard to tell, we were really overmatched in the lines and the early three and outs put us behind the ball right off the bat.

Against UF I want to see who starts.

If Fortin starts again will be hit the wide open receivers that he had early in game when it could have kept us in the game awhile longer.

If McClain does he learn to take care of the ball and not try stupid freshman passes when there isn’t an open guy.

Whats up with Williams is he and Marsh completely out for this year?

So vs UF I want us to be in game at least for a half and score some points.

Next game vs FAMU we should be able to start seeing what we really have .

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Too early to tell I think McClain is very good and will be our next QB. Last week was hard to tell, we were really overmatched in the lines and the early three and outs put us behind the ball right off the bat.

Against UF I want to see who starts.

If Fortin starts again will be hit the wide open receivers that he had early in game when it could have kept us in the game awhile longer.

If McClain does he learn to take care of the ball and not try stupid freshman passes when there isn’t an open guy.

Whats up with Williams is he and Marsh completely out for this year?

So vs UF I want us to be in game at least for a half and score some points.

Next game vs FAMU we should be able to start seeing what we really have .

I wonder if Marsh and Williams have shown enough in practice to get playing time. Williams got behind some with his illness (I believe one week). But who knows. Scott may open up the benches in second half of this game. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

For a Coach that acts like he knows so much, would be nice if Coach Scott put a well prepared and half competitive team on field!

This is unwatchable too!

8 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

For a Coach that acts like he knows so much, would be nice if Coach Scott put a well prepared and half competitive team on field!

This is unwatchable too!

At least he got it honestly