• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

I’ve resigned to the fact that I won’t/can’t help y’all understand, and consider, context.

There many team’s “results” that were skewed last year. Again, Strong was the one who cratered the program. He was unable to fix it. That’s why he lost his $5 mil/yr. job. THERE WERE, and are, ZERO INDICATORS THAT STRONG WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN SCOTT, especially in a pandemic year.

It wasn’t that low when he was here. Strong didn’t force him to stay at Clemson working a double duty, Strong didn’t force him to hire both unemployed FAU coordinators, strong didn’t force him to say daft things about taking the recruiting policy of Clemson, Strong didn’t force him to rebuild culture and get rid of people, Strong didn’t force him to take a micromanager approach to leadership which is a common mistake of people that have no idea what they are doing and he has now freely admitted to, Strong didn’t force him to not recruit any better than Strong despite having a recruiting class as large as we have ever had, strong didn’t force him to stick with his qb year one, strong didn’t force him to have no idea who his qb is today with a full slate of practices (and if that’s Strong’s fault than it was never Strong’s fault that CWT had no back up ready for the departing flowers), the list of things CJS has done that have contributed to why he has not won a single game is endless and if he thinks it’s all because of CCS and Covid I wouldn’t be shocked if he never wins a single game. Challenges are simply opportunities and that he had squandered all of them is on him and not the challenges every single person faces.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, HyperBullee said:

Look at who we played! Dave Doeren has been HC there since our 1st year under TAGGART.

Our program is in a complete rebuild. Come on!

Like I said, did not expect us to cover but would have been nice to score.  Name one thing that you can point to as progress under CJS?  I would like to see a glimmer of hope after a full spring and summer practices, something, anything but we got nothing.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Like I said, did not expect us to cover but would have been nice to score.  Name one thing that you can point to as progress under CJS?  I would like to see a glimmer of hope after a full spring and summer practices, something, anything but we got nothing.

Number 1: Our defense showed that it can be considerably better. It was bend-don’t-break until the end of the 2nd. By the 2nd half, the QB miscues finally broke the defense.

Number 2: We may have something with McClain. He made a bunch of “freshman-thrown-into-the-fire” mistakes. If Scott ends the musical chairs before it starts, and sticks with him, we may have an FBS QB in him next season.

Number 3: We still fought to the end. Strong’s team would’ve quit after 2 scoring drives by NCState.

2 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Number 1: Our defense showed that it can be considerably better. It was bend-don’t-break until the end of the 2nd. By the 2nd half, the QB miscues finally broke the defense.

Number 2: We may have something with McClain. He made a bunch of “freshman-thrown-into-the-fire” mistakes. If Scott ends the musical chairs before it starts, and sticks with him, we may have an FBS QB in him next season.

Number 3: We still fought to the end. Strong’s team would’ve quit after 2 scoring drives by NCState.

I hope you are right and I am wrong however the defenses are normally ahead of offenses this time of year.  I have said my piece and really hope we actually start seeing some progress because the alternative is frightening.

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It wasn’t that low when he was here. Strong didn’t force him to stay at Clemson working a double duty, Strong didn’t force him to hire both unemployed FAU coordinators, strong didn’t force him to say daft things about taking the recruiting policy of Clemson, Strong didn’t force him to rebuild culture and get rid of people, Strong didn’t force him to take a micromanager approach to leadership which is a common mistake of people that have no idea what they are doing and he has now freely admitted to, Strong didn’t force him to not recruit any better than Strong despite having a recruiting class as large as we have ever had, strong didn’t force him to stick with his qb year one, strong didn’t force him to have no idea who his qb is today with a full slate of practices (and if that’s Strong’s fault than it was never Strong’s fault that CWT had no back up ready for the departing flowers), the list of things CJS has done that have contributed to why he has not won a single game is endless and if he thinks it’s all because of CCS and Covid I wouldn’t be shocked if he never wins a single game. Challenges are simply opportunities and that he had squandered all of them is on him and not the challenges every single person faces.

Yet, Strong was so bad, he was fired. 
Trying to address the rest of that might give me an ulcer.

Edited by HyperBullee

Yet, Strong was so bad, he was fired. 

Trying to address the rest of that might give me an ulcer.

Strong was bad he was fired. CJS was hired he has done worse in every capacity and the reason you believe that to be is because it’s impossible to make a single thing better in a year and a half? How many years do you think is fair to fix not every thing but the first thing? He believes he has had impactful changes, which I agree, why not try going for one that positively impacts the only thing you actually get paid to do?

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hope you are right and I am wrong however the defenses are normally ahead of offenses this time of year.  I have said my piece and really hope we actually start seeing some progress because the alternative is frightening.

I hope so too. And I could be wrong! I don’t have an issue to admitting that, if so. 

I’m not a CJS homer (I’m even worse; bring back Jim 😈), but I won’t call for his head for at least another year. All I’m hoping for is some progress this season. It’s unfortunate that we have to play UF and suffer that before we are able to truly see what we have.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Did you never watch the defense last year? How many times did we get into the backfield all season?  We were in tha backfield several times against a team that dominates ACC teams in the ground.  You can't already see our secondary is better?  

Obviously there is a very long way to go and nothing is guaranteed.  But there is clearly a talent level this year that wasn't here a year ago.

• Upvote 2

I hope so too. And I could be wrong! I don’t have an issue to admitting that, if so. 

I’m not a CJS homer (I’m even worse; bring back Jim 😈), but I won’t call for his head for at least another year. All I’m hoping for is some progress this season. It’s unfortunate that we have to play UF and suffer that before we are able to truly see what we have.

I’m not calling for his head it’s way to early, we can’t afford it and I like continuity. What I refuse to accept is that this complete failure is unavoidable and absolve CJS of his obvious contributions, there is a reason he is paid to be here and it’s to positively impact the low bar CCS set not to set it as unachievable benchmark in perpetuity. Bad situations are great because there is always low hanging fruit that can get you some early successes that we can’t find one consequential easy thing CCS was doing wrong that we can do better in a year and a half is the issue.

10 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Did you never watch the defense last year? How many times did we get into the backfield all season?  We were in tha backfield several times against a team that dominates ACC teams in the ground.  You can't already see our secondary is better?  

Obviously there is a very long way to go and nothing is guaranteed.  But there is clearly a talent level this year that wasn't here a year ago.

Our secondary is better because our D line like you stated was able at times to provide some pressure.  I was simply hoping for more than a 45-0 loss and the conference realignments added salt to my wounds.  I have just been overly disgruntled, my panties are wadded so far up my ass I can’t even find them, this to shall pass.  

• Upvote 1