• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those going to the Tulane game…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I got my jab. I am protected and my odds of getting really sick are low. That being said I hope all get vaccinated but if they don't thats their call. I have an issue with the government telling people what to put in their bodies. Look at FRance, they literally have police walking though cafes asking to see COVID papers. Scarry as hell.

That is the crux of the matter.  I have had the virus, I also got vaccinated, doubt this thing could get eradicated with 100% vaccinations because does not appear effective.  If it was then vaccinated people would not be getting sick and passing the virus to vaccinated people.  This is more than about wearing a silly mask and like El Toro said, I find it hard to consume large quantities of beer and running my mouth while wearing a mask, therefore I will pass.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Meh, I show them my vaccination card then I watch the game. 

Several of my friends got on my case for getting the vaccine. I told them, that they need to thank me for being the guinea pig and keep it moving. lol 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Hopefully not, but maybe health insurers should tack on a surcharge or raise premiums for COVID related expenses so the rest of us don't have to subsidize those who choose not to take the precautions that reduce serious illness.

Good idea, can I also not have to pay more in my premiums to subsidize people that choose to get pregnant in life which is physically impossible for me and costs a fortune, you know like how it used to be? Or is that still not cool? How about obese people? That seems to be as risky in this instance and is expensive across the board, can we charge by the pound (is that compatible with body positivity)? If someone goes to the hospital and tests positive for drugs can we go ahead and void that policy so I don’t have to pay for their mistake? If someone needs a new liver and has been drinking can we go ahead and remove that too? Skin cancer and tan skin? Heart attack and McDonalds? Skiing? Skydiving? Most risk can be reduced or eliminated. Or is this the one risky decision that it’s cool we care about?

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Good idea, can I also not have to pay more in my premiums to subsidize people that choose to get pregnant in life which is physically impossible for me and costs a fortune, you know like how it used to be? Or is that still not cool? How about obese people? That seems to be as risky in this instance and is expensive across the board, can we charge by the pound (is that compatible with body positivity)? If someone goes to the hospital and tests positive for drugs can we go ahead and void that policy so I don’t have to pay for their mistake? If someone needs a new liver and has been drinking can we go ahead and remove that too? Skin cancer and tan skin? Heart attack and McDonalds? Skiing? Skydiving? Most risk can be reduced or eliminated. Or is this the one risky decision that it’s cool we care about?

A slippery slope that people don’t realize they are on until it is too late. I do agree we should tax fat asses however lay off the drinkers.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Several of my friends got on my case for getting the vaccine. I told them, that they need to thank me for being the guinea pig and keep it moving. lol 

Yeah, I am still worried about the computer chip that will manipulate my memory that the govt put into the vax. 😂😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

A slippery slope that people don’t realize they are on until it is too late. I do agree we should tax fat asses however lay off the drinkers.  

The pregnant one is the only one that actually bothers me since I got to literally watch my premium shoot up month over month. Strangely I don’t recall anyone caring that I paid more for car insurance in my youth because of my greater risk but for some reason we now have to ignore the fact that insuring women in their youth is more expensive than insuring men. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, I am still worried about the computer chip that will manipulate my memory that the govt put into the vax. 😂😂 

The thing that always gets me about conspiracy theories is how they are able to completely ignore how government demonstrates every day that it is too inept and unable to keep secrets to be able to pull of anything of the magnitude of their fantasies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Women of child-bearing age do pay more in premiums. People with high BMIs do pay higher premiums. Many insurance companies do charge more for smokers. Many insurers will not cover known illicit drug users. This is nothing new. Actuaries are typically not dumb people.

Just now, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Women of child-bearing age do pay more in premiums. People with high BMIs do pay higher premiums. Many insurance companies do charge more for smokers. Many insurers will not cover known illicit drug users. This is nothing new. Actuaries are typically not dumb people.

Maybe I’ve just gotten unlucky but since the Affordable care act my premiums sky rocketed and the distinctions were only on age with no distinction of sex with everyone paying a blended average. If you are still able to charge more based on sex why wouldn’t everyone just identify as whatever is cheapest?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Maybe I’ve just gotten unlucky but since the Affordable care act my premiums sky rocketed and the distinctions were only on age with no distinction of sex with everyone paying a blended average. If you are still able to charge more based on sex why wouldn’t everyone just identify as whatever is cheapest?

Because it's dishonest?

• Haha 1