• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF opens as 18 point underdogs @ NC State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

If they run on us and are mediocre to decent on the passing game, it'll be an L for us. I don't think we've stocked up on that D line enough.

First two games are going to be an “L” for us and then the losing streak will be at ten games. It will then be interesting to see what kind of fire the team shows on 9/18 against FAMU. If we come out and blow out the Rattlers then I will consider that progress. If we struggle to beat them it is going to be a very long season.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

First two games are going to be an “L” for us and then the losing streak will be at ten games. It will then be interesting to see what kind of fire the team shows on 9/18 against FAMU. If we come out and blow out the Rattlers then I will consider that progress. If we struggle to beat them it is going to be a very long season.

Agreed.  So when does CJS get his first FBS win?  @BYU?  @SMU?  Tulsa?  

14 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Agreed.  So when does CJS get his first FBS win?  @BYU?  @SMU?  Tulsa?  

Hard to say right now. But if I had to lay some money on it right here and now, I would say either Tulsa or Temple 

The FAMU game on 9/18 will be telling. If we struggle against FAMU in game three, right after back to back games against two good teams, it will provide some clarity to where we are as a program under Jeff Scott. I am actually looking forward more to the FAMU game more than I am the UF game because I think the FAMU game we will get to see exactly what we are working with talent and coaching wise in 2021. The UF game we are just going to be punching bags in miserable, sweltering heat and it won’t tell us a whole lot about the team other than UF is about 38 points better than us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

The FAMU game on 9/18 will be telling. If we struggle against FAMU in game three, right after back to back games against two good teams, it will provide some clarity to where we are as a program under Jeff Scott.

From a ton of experience, I've learned to not judge where we are with this program until the season plays out, no matter how good or bad early on ...... especially coming off the ****** up year that was 2020.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From a ton of experience, I've learned to not judge where we are with this program until the season plays out, no matter how good or bad early on ...... especially coming off the ****** up year that was 2020.

Judgement won’t be passed on 9/18, the game against FAMU though will give an indication of what we are working with. The FAMU game being week 3 instead of week 1 makes me more interested in the game .

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This schedule does not do Scott any favors.  He may not got his first FBS win till the middle or end of October of his second year.  I realize last year was anomaly but that’s gonna require a lot of faith by the fan base to not throw in the towel.

12 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This schedule does not do Scott any favors.  He may not got his first FBS win till the middle or end of October of his second year.  I realize last year was anomaly but that’s gonna require a lot of faith by the fan base to not throw in the towel.

I know it’s two totally different situations, but if Gus starts out by racking up the wins for ucf , it’s going to make it worse for our fan base if we start out 1–4 with the only win coming against FAMU.  Just have to hope we see improvement week to week 

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Judgement won’t be passed on 9/18, the game against FAMU though will give an indication of what we are working with. The FAMU game being week 3 instead of week 1 makes me more interested in the game .

Agree it will definitely give us an indication .... but also know this board well enough that judgment by some will be passed on 9/18,

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I know it’s two totally different situations, but if Gus starts out by racking up the wins for ucf , it’s going to make it worse for our fan base if we start out 1–4 with the only win coming against FAMU.  Just have to hope we see improvement week to week 

One of the few things that CCS got right ....

We’ve got to quit worrying about everybody else. We’ve got to worry about where our team is and where our team needs to be.”

Charlie Strong