• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Block Party this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

I reached out the Alumni Association and they indicated there would be no block party this year due to the limited time post-COVID to plan. I am, for one, rather disappointed as it appears UF and FSU will both be having theirs. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477

6 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I reached out the Alumni Association and they indicated there would be no block party this year due to the limited time post-COVID to plan. I am, for one, rather disappointed as it appears UF and FSU will both be having theirs. 

Seriously? That's rediculous. There has been plenty of time. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

Idk copy and paste itinerary from two years ago, book places for mid afternoon and have people meet in Ybor with a couple of tables seems like a pretty difficult undertaking. I would think the lunch event would be more arduous to pull off in a time crunch. This is a pub crawl, individuals are able to create them on the fly but I guess that’s because they actually want to do it.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Idk copy and paste itinerary from two years ago, book places for mid afternoon and have people meet in Ybor with a couple of tables seems like a pretty difficult undertaking. I would think the lunch event would be more arduous to pull off in a time crunch. This is a pub crawl, individuals are able to create them on the fly but I guess that’s because they actually want to do it.

Exactly. I am really disappointed. The Green and Gold Gala thing was also rather underwhelming. 

33 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

The Green and Gold Gala will have a quick turn around for 2022 (scheduled for March) and will be completely in person.

The Block Party is thrown and hosted by the USF Greater Tampa Alumni Chapter. People may not know this, but that's completely run by volunteers, with the Alumni Association offering assistance when needed. Probably should be given a break considering we don't know how these volunteers lives were impacted by the past year and a half. I'm sure they're trying to do something to engage alumni in the Tampa area this fall and will most likely continue the Block Party in 2022.

Don't forget, you can have an impact on these events by being a part of the Tampa alumni chapter and volunteering yourself. 

How much does volunteering pay?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How much does volunteering pay?

Exactly zero dollars

7 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

Exactly zero dollars

Rachel Bilson Ew GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

You can EASILY get participation from BULLS fans. I did one for Tulane a couple years ago because alumni wouldn’t. Had 50+ show up. When we got to the alumni party they were shocked to see so many show up at one time.

NO EXCUSES.

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You can EASILY get participation from BULLS fans. I did one for Tulane a couple years ago because alumni wouldn’t. Had 50+ show up. When we got to the alumni party they were shocked to see so many show up at one time.

NO EXCUSES.

Are you volunteering? I would but I just found out what that word meant and I do not like the sounds of it.

• Haha 1