• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shane McClanahan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Still hate Alex Cora. Can’t stand cheaters. Both him and the Astros should have gotten stronger punishments, but the MLB commish is useless. 

Agree 100%. Everyone involved should have  received at least a 1-year suspension with no pay and Hinch and Cora should receive a 5-year suspension. Make it so cheating is so onerous of a punishment that nobody would dare do it again.

-From a former ballplayer that had half of his college team on ‘roids (along with many major leaguers who did it too) that feels they all should be punished severely and not given accolades by Selig just because it was fun to watch Sosa and McGwire hit dingers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that and nothing I can say I can convince you otherwise. But I can tell you that he has been very contrite. This year with all the controversy about the baseball came out he basically said he could not comment on it because of his past bad decisions. He has also has been most embarrassed what his actions did to his family. And of course he was fired. I realize that does not absolve of him but he was given another chance for better or for worse.  

I get he feels bad about it, but a grown man should have known better. I’m more pissed about how little punishment the Astros got, as well as all the coaches affiliated with it. They won a World Series by cheating and the reward way out weighed the punishment. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Agree 100%. Everyone involved should have  received at least a 1-year suspension with no pay and Hinch and Cora should receive a 5-year suspension. Make it so cheating is so onerous of a punishment that nobody would dare do it again.

-From a former ballplayer that had half of his college team on ‘roids (along with many major leaguers who did it too) that feels they all should be punished severely and not given accolades by Selig just because it was fun to watch Sosa and McGwire hit dingers.

The punishment was pathetic for what they got for cheating. Hell cheat and win the World Series and get a slap on the wrist. What’s stopping others from doing it again? Like you said make the punishment severe enough and people will think twice. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I get he feels bad about it, but a grown man should have known better. I’m more pissed about how little punishment the Astros got, as well as all the coaches affiliated with it. They won a World Series by cheating and the reward way out weighed the punishment. 

I’m with ya. The Trash-stros (see what I did there?) should have never gotten off so easy. You’re talking about other players careers and livelihoods on the other side of the cheating. I’m certain more than at least one pitcher had their career completely derailed (especially if they played in the AL West and faced them more than a dozen times) due to the cheating. If you’re the best, prove it the right way: work harder, be better naturally and don’t cheat. 

And like I said before, if you do cheat any get caught, throw the book at them as the integrity of the game is on the line.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I agree, and yes MLB should have done more. Frankly, I and many Red Sox fans were surprised Bloom hired him. But most people here (obviously) have moved on. 

5 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

I’m with ya. The Trash-stros (see what I did there?) should have never gotten off so easy. You’re talking about other players careers and livelihoods on the other side of the cheating. I’m certain more than at least one pitcher had their career completely derailed (especially if they played in the AL West and faced them more than a dozen times) due to the cheating. If you’re the best, prove it the right way: work harder, be better naturally and don’t cheat. 

And like I said before, if you do cheat any get caught, throw the book at them as the integrity of the game is on the line.

My dad always said “Win and lose with respect for the game.” I played sports all the way through high school. I wouldn’t have felt good about cheating to win. I’m shocked the Astros could get so many people on board to cheat the way they did. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree, and yes MLB should have done more. Frankly, I and many Red Sox fans were surprised Bloom hired him. But most people here (obviously) have moved on. 

Winning cures a lot of ills - plus we all know you New Englanders are a buncha cheaters anyway (deflate gate, taping other teams practices, Tawmmee from Quinzee cheating on his police entrance exam) so you just don’t care!

😉

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

My dad always said “Win and lose with respect for the game.” I played sports all the way through high school. I wouldn’t have felt good about cheating to win. I’m shocked the Astros could get so many people on board to cheat the way they did. 

I’m with ya, I played baseball in college (with and against quite a few guys that played in the majors) and always looked for an edge, but never to the point of taking steroids or cheating, but knew many, many, many guys that did. NCAA drug testing was a joke and guys knew it so if you had one chance to be better, they took it.

So I’m not surprised that guys at the level where multi-million contracts are on the line  would resort to cheating. That said, it IS the job of MLB and the commissioner to enforce the rules, but they’ve always leaned to the side of “entertaining the fans”  or “covering their own asses by looking the other way” in these situations. 

I personally think they should look to tennis where guys are suspended for 2 years minimum for cheating/performance enhancing drugs so as to keep the playing field as even as possible FOR EVERYONE, not just those willing to overlook morality or literally shave years off their lives for money.

What do I know though, I never made to that level and maybe that’s part of the reason I didn’t.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Winning cures a lot of ills - plus we all know you New Englanders are a buncha cheaters anyway (deflate gate, taping other teams practices, Tawmmee from Quinzee cheating on his police entrance exam) so you just don’t care!

😉

Haha…well played…remember you have deflate gate boy in Tampa now so be careful 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Haha…well played…remember you have deflate gate boy in Tampa now so be careful 😀

That’s Mr. TB12 to you, sir!

And for only $29.99, you too can experience the magic that only Tom Brady possesses by purchasing his patented blend of supplements and spices that keep him young for all eternity!

Tom Brady Sport GIF by UFC

• Haha 1