• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Series on FB Schedule:USF vs BYU

Guest SittingBull
3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We're playing Cincinnati at home this season. They should be ranked pretty high to begin the season and they will be the clear choice to win the league in the pre-season polls. This game should very high interest from our fans.

Or, it could be of higher interest to Bearcat fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Absolutely ↑

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Since the AAC opponents now vary from year I wouldn't be so quick to say there may be games that generate zero interest. 

We're playing Cincinnati at home this season. They should be ranked pretty high to begin the season and they will be the clear choice to win the league in the pre-season polls. This game should very high interest from our fans.

Obviously playing UCF draws interest. When we play Memphis it should as well.

If we take care of our business, then the rest will take care of itself.

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

What was our last AAC game that wasn't televised in some form? and ho many since the formation of the conference? I venture to say very few. 

Winning culture solves everything, If we take this approach and lose we still aren't generating the attendance numbers. What happens when the big dawgs say yeah, we can do a 2-1 but since we are generating the money we will need a good portion of the gate? no deal? cool go play an AAC team.

Great well we are about a decade into this failed AAC experiment so when do you think we plan on trying the whole winning approach to solving everything? So far we seem to be the furthest from it we have ever been and the two years we actually tried it, it didn’t really move the needle as much as you would think it should. I don’t see how thinking independence could work is really any more of pipe dream than thinking we can win our way into relevance in this market by beating AAC teams (or that the current dynamics will really even lead to that).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, SittingBull said:

Or, it could be of higher interest to Bearcat fans.

I would say that is very true as well.

They do have 2 very difficult games to begin the season at Indiana and ND, so hopefully their interest does not wane if they are not able to win those games. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There are 65 P5 teams plus Notre Dame that need to fill OOC every season plus a few G5 teams that are actually interesting. If someone thinks they can get games to travel for free they are welcome to try but I don’t think that’s what the overall market would dictate as they are going to have to give up a game or give some money to someone. With an open schedule it simply opens up our possibilities and we can be the most flexible with our offers, which do not simply dry up when the aac goes away. I doubt most ads that schedule us are even aware that we are even in the AAC if they are even aware that the AAC actually exists.

Its not as easy as you think it is. Scheduling takes two interested parties both of these parties have their own interest in mind. the one that is desperate gets screwed. Keep in mind all the P5 teams are really only looking for one to two games per year with team like USF, and there are 57 G5 schools and a slew of FCS schools trying to get those spots 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t see how thinking independence could work is really any more of pipe dream than thinking we can win our way into relevance in this market by beating AAC teams (or that the current dynamics will really even lead to that).

It seems to work for the AAC teams that win.  

and as I pointed out earlier, I think we should focus on being able to beat the AAC  before we think it's holding us back. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Its not as easy as you think it is. Scheduling takes two interested parties both of these parties have their own interest in mind. the one that is desperate gets screwed. Keep in mind all the P5 teams are really only looking for one to two games per year with team like USF, and there are 57 G5 schools and a slew of FCS schools trying to get those spots 

Yes but they are constrained by needing to have a certain number of home games as well as needing to play a certain number of conference games on certain days. If we remove constraints we have a market differentiation that should make it easier to do business as well as provide a location where people would like to have an occasional game to bring recruits to. I really do not think our market value drops to zero as long as we do not sell at that price and our leadership have diamond hands, to your point though MK and CJS do look like they would have paper hands.

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It seems to work for the AAC teams that win.  

and as I pointed out earlier, I think we should focus on being able to beat the AAC  before we think it's holding us back. 

Most AAC teams have the unfair advantage of being at their highest station in life, there were only three that fell this far and one of them just did what we should have done from the beginning. 

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes but they are constrained by needing to have a certain number of home games as well as needing to play a certain number of conference games on certain days. If we remove constraints we have a market differentiation that should make it easier to do business as well as provide a location where people would like to have an occasional game to bring recruits to. I really do not think our market value drops to zero as long as we do not sell at that price and our leadership have diamond hands, to your point though MK and CJS do look like they would have paper hands.

well getting rid of our constraints does not change theirs, what happens in the middle of the year when most of them are playing in conference? and yes, they would want to come occasionally, but we need consistency from some of them. you can' just fly by night schedule 10 games. you need some sort of continuity. Notre Dame has found a way to do this by hoodwinking the ACC. BYU uses the PAC 12  

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I would say that is very true as well.

They do have 2 very difficult games to begin the season at Indiana and ND, so hopefully their interest does not wane if they are not able to win those games. 

Hopefully, because the more tickets sold, puts more $$ in USF’s coffers.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

At least I will agree that MK has done a pretty decent job of scheduling and I am just not as excited about it as I should be since we have been unlikely to win any games for the foreseeable future.

He has done a fantastic job with scheduling! Over the next 7 years we have home games against Florida, Alabama, Notre Dame, Miami, Louisville, BYU, North Carolina State and Boise State. Nobody in the G5 can match that home schedule.