• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I guess I'll get off this topic.  I'm just frustrated because I love college basketball and especially the anticipation of our Bulls playing twice a week and the Women doing so well.  Its sad it can't continue.

But since I can't have that, I'll have to turn my attention to what really is on my mind which is almost too much to bare.  The Bucs in the Super Bowl.  I honestly break out in hives of being scared, excited, worried, and full of anticipation all in one instance.  I'm trying to stay away from the Xanax but its getting harder and harder each passing day/hour.

I find your questions perfectly reasonable, I just doubt we will receive a suitable answer as to why we are uniquely qualified to be on the wrong end of every issue that most programs seem able to navigate better than we do.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I find your questions perfectly reasonable, I just doubt we will receive a suitable answer as to why we are uniquely qualified to be on the wrong end of every issue that most programs seem able to navigate better than we do.

Yeah I suppose.  But it doesn't mean the question shouldn't be posed, and the people that are in the know can't give us a legitimate explanation, or at least the politcal mumbo jumbo.  Silence is almost worse because the people that you want to cater to become even more out of touch.....You feel me Puc (figuratively speaking of course)?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well I agree with you there.  You can't be on the same page as a team if you havent played as a Team for over a month.  I guess I phrased my arugument incorrectly.

I'm no Covid expert I admit.  But I have never heard that one team has to stop playing for well over a month becuase of Covid.  Mostly, teams shut down their facilities and put their players that have the virus, AND those that have come in contact with those players in quarantie for 14 days.  I'll say it again 14 DAYS.  Why is taking well over 30 days for our teams to still not be able to play......Questions that need to be asked.  Thats all I'm saying.  We ain't doing something right.  And as a USF sports supporter, I think I deserve some type of explanation.  Is that wrong? 

Dr. Fauci says No thats not wrong to ask.

Also no expert, but my daughter and son-in-law both had it. Tested positive for eight weeks.

As for asking the questions, AGREE 100%.

Edited by BDYZR

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Also no expert, but my daughter and son-in-law both had it. Tested positive for eight weeks.

I really hope that they are healthy now and doing well.  God bless them!

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You make a really great point.  I was stupid to put a arbitrary time limit on when people recover from this terrible virus.  I guess I was just quoting the supposed experts that the 14 days is the norm.....but what do they know.  This terrible virus effects people different ways.  All positive healing vibes go to your family.

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I guess with this revelation that you gave me, I should revisit my comments about the timeframe that it is taking for our Basketball teams to recover.  Thats not my or anybody else's call but the Doctors and Medical Experts involved.  So I recant my comments that they should be back on the Court.  Every situation is different, and I'm in no position to question that.

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah I suppose.  But it doesn't mean the question shouldn't be posed, and the people that are in the know can't give us a legitimate explanation, or at least the politcal mumbo jumbo.  Silence is almost worse because the people that you want to cater to become even more out of touch.....You feel me Puc (figuratively speaking of course)?

It’s because you are looking at USF athletic as an entertainment dollar business model where you have to give people reason to want to give up your hard earned money where as we try to operate on a religion model where you will not get a payoff until you die and reward on earth is not getting your questions answered, having to suffer and give dutifully.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I guess with this revelation that you gave me, I should revisit my comments about the timeframe that it is taking for our Basketball teams to recover.  Thats not my or anybody else's call but the Doctors and Medical Experts involved.  So I recant my comments that they should be back on the Court.  Every situation is different, and I'm in no position to question that.

It would be reasonable if we were talking about 2 players not being able to play, if it’s half the team we need to know why we have the greatest percentage of contractions and how every single one of the players is a long term case which seems well outside of the norm for every other program as well as pretty much any other subset besides some nursing homes. We are doing something somehow outside of the norm and it would be nice to know what it maybe and why we are once again atypical and never in a good way.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s because you are looking at USF athletic as an entertainment dollar business model where you have to give people reason to want to give up your hard earned money where as we try to operate on a religion model where you will not get a payoff until you die and reward on earth is not getting your questions answered, having to suffer and give dutifully.

But what if USF athletic success is part of my life and death wish.  wouldn't that fit at least kind of, in your Religious model as you put it.  I would definately love that reward here on Earth.  Not sure it would carry over into Death.  But even that is not certain.  🙄

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It would be reasonable if we were talking about 2 players not being able to play, if it’s half the team we need to know why we have the greatest percentage of contractions and how every single one of the players is a long term case which seems well outside of the norm for every other program as well as pretty much any other subset besides some nursing homes. We are doing something somehow outside of the norm and it would be nice to know what it maybe and why we are once again atypical and never in a good way.

I'm in agreement Mr. Puc....and that was my point at the beginning.  I think we are in at least partial agreement.  And I really don't think its abnormal for us to pose this question when the circumstances of where we are in our Basketball program is pretty far outside the norm.