• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In game discussion: Bulls vs. Wofford (Dec 12) NOON EST TV: ESPNNEWS

Guest Jonesy Bull

Imo.  This is the biggest win of the year for our Bulls.  Showed we can tough up and pull out a game up for grabs.

Maybe this is our turning point!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, MikeG said:
Starters PTS REB AST FG 3PT FT PF STL BLK TO
D. Collins 13 11 3 6/14 1/3 0/0 3 1 1 3
A. Yetna 11 4 1 4/10 1/5 2/2 3 1 2 1
J. Brown 9 1 2 3/5 1/3 2/2 0 0 0 0
C. Murphy 4 1 2 2/6 0/0 0/1 1 1 1 2
M. Durr 0 3 1 0/2 0/1 0/0 4 2 1 1

Bench PTS REB AST FG 3PT FT PF STL BLK TO
J. Chaplin 8 8 0 4/6 0/0 0/3 1 2 1 3
X. Castaneda 7 0 2 3/10 1/4 0/0 3 1 0 2
R. Tchewa 4 2 0 2/2 0/0 0/0 1 0 0 1
M. Akec 2 3 1 1/1 0/0 0/0 2 0 0 2
P. Oduro 0 0 0 0/1 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 1
R. Williams 0 4 0 0/2 0/1 0/2 2 0 0 2
E. Dawson III - - - - - - - - - -
M. Calleja - - - - - - - - - -
L. Anderson - - - - - - - - - -
Total 58 37 12 25/59 4/17 4/10 20 8 6 18

Durr with zero?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Durr with zero?

He is tall with no ups and a bad do, he needs to show up in Cincy 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

38 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Durr with zero?

second game in a row where he was in foul trouble early and it hurts minutes and his impact

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

26 minutes ago, MikeG said:

second game in a row where he was in foul trouble early and it hurts minutes and his impact

Wow, just checked and saw he only played 11 minutes. Have to go back and check to see how they were set up for most of game ...... assuming Yetna played the 5 for most of the time Durr was out?

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wow, just checked and saw he only played 11 minutes. Have to go back and check to see how they were set up for most of game ...... assuming Yetna played the 5 for most of the time Durr was out?

mostly I saw Tchewa trying to fill in unless they were in a 3 guard set-- also Chaplin was very active in the second half. Oduro not so much though had some quality minutes. It was a case where we had so much height that never got utilized because Wofford was bombing the three point shots like crazy-- leading to LONG rebounds (the reason Collins led the team imo).

But the main problem for Durr seems to be his proclivity to get himself into foul trouble early and often -- I think 2 fouls within the first 5 minutes the last two games. It sinks his impact.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

11 hours ago, MikeG said:

But the main problem for Durr seems to be his proclivity to get himself into foul trouble early and often -- I think 2 fouls within the first 5 minutes the last two games. It sinks his impact.

This was a problem early in his career here that he had cleaned up ...... hopefully he stops the regression. We're going to need him unless one of the others step up, which is still a possibility.

Question I have is has anything been said about Anderson? Is he hurt?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I'm giving this game a Whew!! and an Alright!! we got the win. Wofford is good and boy do they hustle. Our one and done shooting drives me nuts. Like the past games we were out hustled a good part of the game. Glad we won it and there were many things to feel good about but...the AAC is no cake walk I hope we can match up to the bulk of our teams. 

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This was a problem early in his career here that he had cleaned up ...... hopefully he stops the regression. We're going to need him unless one of the others step up, which is still a possibility.

Question I have is has anything been said about Anderson? Is he hurt?

Not sure about Luke-- but I get the impression it is something minor like a lower body injury where they say nothing because they don't need to (or no one is asking) and also in respect to his HIPPA protections. The other thought is it might be covid related but I would think we would not be seeing him at all when I believe he has been traveling with the team.

Durr does need to get these problems back under control. Though one of the benefits of him sitting as much in these past few games is that players like Tchewa are getting good experience not to mention Chaplin--- who if our fans can stop whining about his free throw shooting and recognize the incredible energy level he is bringing on the floor -- might appreciate his efforts more. He'll start getting those FT down eventually-- super green player who needs to relax on the line.

That is the one thing about our team that is fun-- the number of potential players who might become important role players. We'll see. Winning never hurts.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, MikeG said:

Not sure about Luke-- but I get the impression it is something minor like a lower body injury where they say nothing because they don't need to (or no one is asking) and also in respect to his HIPPA protections. The other thought is it might be covid related but I would think we would not be seeing him at all when I believe he has been traveling with the team.

Durr does need to get these problems back under control. Though one of the benefits of him sitting as much in these past few games is that players like Tchewa are getting good experience not to mention Chaplin--- who if our fans can stop whining about his free throw shooting and recognize the incredible energy level he is bringing on the floor -- might appreciate his efforts more. He'll start getting those FT down eventually-- super green player who needs to relax on the line.

That is the one thing about our team that is fun-- the number of potential players who might become important role players. We'll see. Winning never hurts.

Nice take but you constantly whine about people whining, he missed 3 crucial FT’s and we mentioned it.  He was all over the boards, and his spark was critical to getting out of there with a win. He is fun to watch and will only get better as he figures out his role, if he misses a few FT’s in the future we may mention that also, just an FYI.