• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not Letting Coaching Staff Off The Hook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

And  little thing called a starting qb which didn't play...and by the way, the backup has a way of sucking the life out of the offense...

McCloud was the coaches choice for QB to start the season. Johnson has started one game. I wouldn't call him the starter. We really don't have one. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, usfgrad84 said:

McCloud was the coaches choice for QB to start the season. Johnson has started one game. I wouldn't call him the starter. We really don't have one. 

Stop lol...Johnson is better then McCloud and would have started today...he actually brings life to the offense...this is significant...him not starting sucked the life out of the offense before the ball was even kicked off...according to your logic we should have had a similar performance on offense last week but we didn't...because...drum roll...we had a better qb back there 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, DJBulls said:

Stop lol...Johnson is better then McCloud and would have started today...he actually brings life to the offense...this is significant...him not starting sucked the life out of the offense before the ball was even kicked off...according to your logic we should have had a similar performance on offense last week but we didn't...because...drum roll...we had a better qb back there 

The incessant use of McCloud, who is demonstrably not talented enough for this level, especially with this O-line mystifies me. It's my one knock on the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I stopped watching games with McCloud.  I was feeling zen with my Chipotle and watched the 4th QTR to see the funny posts on the board.  I like TBP.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That's a fair statement. I think once the game is over most people calm down and look at the situation more logically. 

It would perhaps be fair if there was one other place on the planet where anyone else is talking about Usf football anymore, it’d be a lie if I told you that I never thought of death my bullspenners we the last ones left.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It would perhaps be fair if there was one other place on the planet where anyone else is talking about Usf football anymore, it’d be a lie if I told you that I never thought of death my bullspenners we the last ones left.

Nah, there is another message board for USF fans. Message board that has plenty of USF fans. You should do more homework.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Nah, there is another message board for USF fans. You should do more homework.

I know there are some, I also know that although our engagement has plummeted there isn’t even a fraction of that decreases number anywhere else.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The incessant use of McCloud, who is demonstrably not talented enough for this level, especially with this O-line mystifies me. It's my one knock on the coaching staff.

I was going to say exactly that...if I had one critique against this staff, it would be that...McCloud playing any further is pointless...even if they didn't feel Marsh was ready enough I would have started him...there were guys getting significant snaps today that aren't on scholarships...Atkins?  Who the hell is 31 on defense lol?  That is how thin this team was today...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

My point is that the coaching staff or fan base can't simply blame today's performance on Covid. They deserve some of the blame. 

I agree Johnson is the better QB, but we shouldn't have been blow out 5 minutes into the game. Team was not ready to play. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know there are some, I also know that although our engagement has plummeted there isn’t even a fraction of that decreases number anywhere else.

What can I tell you...you should have went to UF or FSU...