• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think this sums up the type of players we have on this team...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Wants/Needs high talent - No kidding

Wants?Needs low maintenance. Is that in reference to on field or off field? 

Hey CJS! Welcome to the bottom of the AAC.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Wants/Needs high talent - No kidding

Wants?Needs low maintenance. Is that in reference to on field or off field? 

Hey CJS! Welcome to the bottom of the AAC.

Pretty much, everyone is going to have some sort of issues or else they would be going to a top P5 program. That CJS thinks you get to be the most selective when shopping in the scratch and dent bin and paying with food stamps kind of perfectly highlights how his plans for the  program have been detached from reality. So far he has established that he wants the most talented, least drama players, that aren’t transfers and commit here as early as possible while not taking visits to any other schools, I don’t know why everyone else didn’t think of that. We should probably only plan for getting 5 star athletes while we are at it. 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

There are 3 type of people in this world:

• High maintenance
  • Low maintenance
  • The worst kind - high maintenance people who think they are low maintenance

Yay I’m not the worst kind of people!!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I'm begging to question CJS "evaluation skills" b/c we have sucked at field goals all year, just to find out we always had somebody that can kick multiple 40+ yd field goals all year.  Did he not know Schrader could do this? Also, it was evident from day one that Noah Johnson was better than McCloud (The jury is out on Fortin) so why did it take so long to start him? 

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm begging to question CJS "evaluation skills" b/c we have sucked at field goals all year, just to find out we always had somebody that can kick multiple 40+ yd field goals all year.  Did he not know Schrader could do this? Also, it was evident from day one that Noah Johnson was better than McCloud (The jury is out on Fortin) so why did it take so long to start him? 

4lurn5.jpg

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If CJS wanted to be the HC at a university that has their pick of high talent/law maintenance guys he should have stayed at Clemson and waited Dabo and Tony Scott out.

You're not at Clemson anymore bruh.

He is delusional and his lofty plans seem very contingent on not only not having the players he has on his team but on ones he will never be able to fill a roster with. I recognize that he is new to the position so it’s kind of nice that he is aspirational but it pushes the outer limits of naive. If falling flat on his face and not recruiting any better than CCS isn’t enough to pull him back to reality I worry at what point he will be inspired to reconcile his dreams with his actual situation. You can have skilled players, you can have good kids, you can have great students, you can have kids with the right measurables, you can have kids fully dedicated to the program and you can have smart players but being at USF and not Clemson means you don’t get to have a roster full of kids that have them all, it’s time to start choosing what it is you are willing to sacrifice and pick a real path you can actually navigate. What you have now is your reality, deal with it!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wait, I thought there was plenty of talent on those roster?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Culture change won't happen overnight...I am glad everyone basically had a throw away year...this helped us more in my opinion then a good bulk of teams...we needed a year just to practice, figure out who can play and hone their coaching skills...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Wait, I thought there was plenty of talent on those roster?

There is enough to be a .500 team in the AAC, most of the talented people are probably the **** heads, on the edge of failing out or have entered the transfer portal. Being a mid level team in a mid level conference means being selective in what you value. 

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

While I disagree with you on most of your points about CJS, you make a valid point here.

I do not think it is that far removed from any of my other points on the subject, I just think the evidence of my observations continues to mount. It is nice that CJS wants to impact change, I just hope he recognizes that often times when you come into a new situation that is full of challenges a lot of that change has to come to yourself, your original plan and your preconceived notions. We are not Clemson for a host of reasons and if he honestly believes he is going to be able to follow their road map we are in for three more wasted years that lead to nowhere. I have hope for changes because he is green but all too often coaches go down with the ship that is their original plan instead of taking the host of outs that continually present themselves. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is enough to be a .500 team in the AAC, most of the talented people are probably the **** heads, on the edge of failing out or have entered the transfer portal. Being a mid level team in a mid level conference means being selective in what you value. 

I have yet to see that talent the last 3 seasons but ok..... The results agree with me too.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer