• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have every reason to believe that CWT would have been better suited having gone through most of the issues CJS is hopefully learning right now. CWT was a horrible hire no better suited than CJS but CWT preformed a minor miracle and pivoted from his plans and preconceived notions and I have no reason to believe that we will ever see CJS do the same.

Good plans should present positive results fairly quickly especially in bad situations and if you think you can keep heading the wrong direction to somehow end up in the right direction I’m unfortunately going to have to let you know that isn’t going to happen. The world of success is a flat earth and you have to move forward to succeed and that starts with heading the right direction as soon as possible and trying to stay that course. We have not shown to be directionally correct, we have not had our first improvement that we can develop continuous improvement with and our path seems to be one of failure.

I’m not sure that I care that he didn’t call plays before because I don’t think that really would matter if you are a CEO head coach but I do not know that most people would have delayed coming on board to stay with their former team. I doubt many people would have hired both FAU coordinators which I think really looks like a lazy solution that does not appear to be paying dividends. 

I don’t know of a single thing that anyone can come up with that makes this seem like it would be a fantastic hire. Is he known for being a great recruiter? Certainly not in Florida. Is he known for being a great X’s and O’s Coach? It doesn’t seem like it. Is he well connected to other coaches that will come with him? Clearly not since he picked up the FAU rubbish off of the curb. Has Dabo’s coaching tree had any success? Not that I’ve seen. Oh he had a coaching pedigree? How did his dad do? The only positives anyone can come up with is had a position at Clemson that was about as useful as an appendix and wasn’t filled and he knows Dabo. I would like to think anyone that was seriously being considered had something they were fantastic at and had a plan to improve based on what is this actual situation and not a let’s just turn this into Clemson pipe dream.

I appreciate the detailed response and see a lot of your points. Except we currently have a better recruiting class than FAU (where Taggart currently works). If Taggart would've been THAT much better for the future of USF then his current recruiting says otherwise. Right now Scott is out recruiting Taggart. And if you're going to compare our current record to that of FAU then remember that Taggart was given an awesome conference championship team left by Kiffin rather than this flaming turd that Scott has to rebuild from scratch. Don't know if Taggart would have that much of a better overall record than Scott currently does as demonstrated by awful his stint with a bad FSU team.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

I appreciate the detailed response and see a lot of your points. Except we currently have a better recruiting class than FAU (where Taggart currently works). If Taggart would've been THAT much better for the future of USF then his current recruiting says otherwise. Right now Scott is out recruiting Taggart. And if you're going to compare our current record to that of FAU then remember that Taggart was given an awesome conference championship team left by Kiffin rather than this flaming turd that Scott has to rebuild from scratch. Don't know if Taggart would have that much of a better overall record than Scott currently does as demonstrated by awful his stint with a bad FSU team.

Just out of curiosity how has USF recruited by comparison to FAU year over year regardless of coach and how has Scott’s recruiting class compared to a typical Usf recruiting class besides of course CJS’ first one?

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Just out of curiosity how has USF recruited by comparison to FAU year over year regardless of coach and how has Scott’s recruiting class compared to a typical Usf recruiting class besides of course CJS’ first one?

Recruiting Rankings

USF -

2021 (current) - #61

2019 - #77

2018 - #65

2017 - #76

2016 - #66

(Based on this alone, Scott so far has the better recruiting class in recent USF history). 

FAU -

2021 (current) - #69

2019 - #61

2018 - #75

2017 - #60

2016 - #89

Based on this, it doesn't seem like Taggart has completely exploded as an amazing recruiter for FAU. It seems about the same as usual and in fact, worse than two more recent classes for their program. Though I know he did have one amazing class for USF, for whatever reason (probably the fact that he's a snake), players aren't jumping through hoops to come play for him anymore. This would be a problem at USF or basically anywhere he would be hired at right now.

So therefore, I disagree that CWT would've have been miles ahead a better hire than coach Scott for our future. As stated before, if anything, Scott is proving to be a better recruiter under current circumstances.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Recruiting Rankings

USF -

2021 (current) - #61

2019 - #77

2018 - #65

2017 - #76

2016 - #66

(Based on this alone, Scott so far has the better recruiting class in recent USF history). 

FAU -

2021 (current) - #69

2019 - #61

2018 - #75

2017 - #60

2016 - #89

Based on this, it doesn't seem like Taggart has completely exploded as an amazing recruiter for FAU. It seems about the same as usual and in fact, worse than two more recent classes for their program. Though I know he did have one amazing class for USF, for whatever reason (probably the fact that he's a snake), players aren't jumping through hoops to come play for him anymore. This would be a problem at USF or basically anywhere he would be hired at right now.

So therefore, I disagree that CWT would've have been miles ahead a better hire than coach Scott for our future. As stated before, if anything, Scott is proving to be a better recruiter under current circumstances.

Make no mistake, the AAC (for all its warts) is still the tallest midget when it comes to the best of the rest and definitely has a better perception than the Sunbelt, so I am not going to crown CJS as king of the recruiters.

If anything, we saw that Willie ABSOLUTELY had an eye for offensive talent as evidenced by how many guys played/still are playing on Sundays and this certainly doesn’t just go away now that he’s at FAU. If I had to place a bet on who’d be the better recruiter over the next three years, I’d still lay money on Willie even with the worse conference affiliation.

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Recruiting Rankings

USF -

2021 (current) - #61

2019 - #77

2018 - #65

2017 - #76

2016 - #66

FAU -

2021 (current) - #69

2019 - #61

2018 - #75

2017 - #60

2016 - #89

Perhaps, I just like to error towards things people have demonstrated they have actually accomplished more than I’m a hard worker and a real fast learner. CWT demonstrated that he was able to recruit here (at one time) and he already took the lumps to learn what kind of offense he can actually run here which was night and day different from what he came in here believing he could do. I guess there is a chance that CJS can figure things out but this year has been an entire waste and it does not have to be. I refuse to keep coming up with new phases and and subtract years from how long he has been here simply because he is failing at unprecedented rates. This is where he signed up to coach, he isn’t facing more Covid than the rest of the world, no one made him pick these coordinators and no one is telling him who he has to start. He needs to take ownership of his situation, he needs to do better and he should take a long hard look at himself and his plan and how it meshes with the reality of his situation. His year was never going to be a cakewalk but he is responsible for the fact it has been a total failure #dosomething

Just now, NovaBull said:

Make no mistake, the AAC (for all its warts) is still the tallest midget when it comes to the best of the rest and definitely has a better perception than the Sunbelt, so I am not going to crown CJS as king of the recruiters.

If anything, we saw that Willie ABSOLUTELY had an eye for offensive talent as evidenced by how many guys played/still are playing on Sundays and this certainly doesn’t just go away now that he’s at FAU. If I had to place a bet on who’d be the better recruiter over the next three years, I’d still lay money on Willie even with the worse conference affiliation.

FAU is in Conference USA (since 2013) not Sunbelt. 

I can't imagine an AAC coach telling a recruit "hey come play here, its way more big time than Conference USA." They're the same thing in the eyes of the college football world.

But yeah I was just refuting the notion that Taggart would've been a better hire because he would've set the recruiting world on fire or something when numbers say that Scott is doing better.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

FAU is in Conference USA (since 2013) not Sunbelt. 

I can't imagine an AAC coach telling a recruit "hey come play here, its way more big time than Conference USA." They're the same thing in the eyes of the college football world.

But yeah I was just refuting the notion that Taggart would've been a better hire because he would've set the recruiting world on fire or something when numbers say that Scott is doing better.

Ah dang it, C-USA not Sunbelt...my fault. I know it may not seem like it, but the AAC definitely holds more cache. Potential NY6 bowl, better facilities, more money for the athletic departments, etc. 

1 hour ago, NovaBull said:

Ah dang it, C-USA not Sunbelt...my fault. I know it may not seem like it, but the AAC definitely holds more cache. Potential NY6 bowl, better facilities, more money for the athletic departments, etc. 

Nah, FAU has an OCS. 😈

3 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Nah, FAU has an OCS. 😈

It’s more across the street 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

On 11/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, puc86 said:

It’s too bad people got tired of winning...

I know one guy that didn't ...