• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no on ftu/ou/oc

but i would keep playing them every year

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there should be no rush to expand

BC might just want to come back to BE in due time

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

Those boxes look really nice.  I just wish I could afford one at WVU.  We just added 19, and there is still a waiting list for them.

Possible expansion teams mentioned -

Army, Navy, ND, C-USA teams and MAC schools

Army and Navy should remain independent.

Unless we can get another BCS team (PSU) to leave their conference, we will probably have to geta team from C-USA.  I don't think any MAC teams would work.  ND is still a dream.

Some of the other BE teams are having problems filling their schedules.  The ADs want to add another team to the conference for scheduling.  However, WVU does not have that problem with 10 annual opponents.

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Mtneer001, why wouldn't MiamiOH or Toledo would work out of the MAC?  BCS teams BE might consider stealing SC, Vandy, Wake Forest, or PSU.  Basically any school that weren't original or long time members.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

Wait and see  who dominates tha MAC and C-USA over the next few years.  If that happens to be UCF.  Then they should definitley be considered

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Here is an idea that I cannot claim credit for:

BE officials and conference AD's should spend every waking moment recruiting Clemson and South Carolina. These are two established programs that will not win in either of their conferences but if they joined the BCS they would be top 25 and playing BCS Bowls pretty often.

At the top of the BE these schools would gain a lot in recruiting and improve their programs in my opinion. Then, they are established enough that the would preserve the BE's reputation and insure the automatic bid remains. They could play each other every year and have a great in-state rivalry. Then we'll come out of no where and smash them both!!!

Why do we have to bring another weak program from a weak conference into the mix?

This is funny!!  Would you move from the ACC or SEC to the Big East??  NO!!

Also...lets say they did move...then the SEC and ACC would probably grab WVU and Louisville.  Then it's back to square one.

But overall...South Carolina and Clemson are within driving distance from most of their conf. opponents.  Won't happen.

As for UCF...by the time the Big East decides to expand or if they decide to expand...UCF will have the facilities that the BE would look for to compete.

USF fan not wanting UCF makes sense to me.  It evens recruiting grounds that USF can use right now as an advantage.  If the tables were turned...UCF fans wouldn't want USF, either.

WVU might also vote "no" on UCF for cancelling games.  But I'm not sure if they'd really care by then.

Overall...if the Big East expands and raids CUSA again to go to 12 teams...I'd hope UCF was included because CUSA would be in a terrible postion.  But who knows what'll happen.

Right now I'm enjoying CUSA and it's a fun conference.  That's where we are...that's all I care about.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Georgia Tech would be a nice addition.  Would be cool to play them in a bowl game this year.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Like I said before, USF has no reason to help UCF get in.  Can anyone provide a justifiable reason for USF to help UCF?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Right now I'm enjoying CUSA and it's a fun conference.  That's where we are...that's all I care about.

Then you are HERE because ..................??