• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Sun Rose Over The Mountain This Morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It appears that there was indeed some expectations this year by fans in terms of winning...as the board is attesting after only four games. There is little talent and this is a three year process just to get to decency.

Minimal expectations = Minimal disappointments          

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

No he went into the transfer portal.................................

**** sir that was well played 😂😂😂

Just now, BulledOver said:

Minimal expectations = Minimal disappointments          

Yep, and I can live with that while also applying:

Realistic expectations = truth 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

**** sir that was well played 😂😂😂

Dam Preacher, that was like Quick... I enjoyed your sermon today and I shall tune in next Sunday to listen to the teachings from the Book of Temple

7 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Dam Preacher, that was like Quick... I enjoyed your sermon today and I shall tune in next Sunday to listen to the teachings from the Book of Temple

james brown preacher GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

james brown preacher GIF

Ok, I'm giving you the "Ha Ha" Funny Face atta boy on that one...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Strangely I don’t recall a single person that was excited about this hire believing that we would win one game this season, having an expectation of complete failure is a new development brought on by our current “success”. We are performing below any expectation and there is no other way to spin it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It was amazing. I thought for sure after last nights game the world was over.

Yes, we are a bad football team. But hey, that’s life. I have no idea what is going to happen. Will we win another game? Will McCloud start again? Will we ever see Cade  play an entire half? Will the defense get better? As fans many of us subconsciously fought the point that the coaches and experts insisted on...“we are in full rebuild.” Many of us said it, but deep down we did not “fully” believe it or understood the depths of the rebuild (yes I am guilty). 

But it has occurred to me that being at this state of the program has an advantage and that is you don’t have to worry. You can just watch the game and look for player development and coaching analysis. More particular you don’t have to worry about winning. If it happens fine. But it has absolutely nothing to do with this season. This in many ways means that the remaining games are scrimmages in a college football season that is a glorified preseason with an asterisk next to it.

So for me, I will continue to watch every bloody play that the rest of the season provides but look at from a totally new perspective. But here is the hard part kids, I may have to have the same perspective next year as well. But again, there is nothing we can we can do about. You can either watch or not watch. But if you do keep the above point in mind. 

It will be 97 degrees today, but instead of complaining about it, I will pour a healthy Bloody Mary and watch the Cowboys while floating in the pool.  They might win or not but not going to let my teams dictate my happiness, nice post NEB and thanks for the Xanax this morning which helped tremendously.  In addition, trips I will post some pics later of me in my speedo to hopefully bring a smile to my brethren as we embark on this long treacherous journey of USF athletics.  Go Bulls!

Just now, Friscobull said:

It will be 97 degrees today, but instead of complaining about it, I will pour a healthy Bloody Mary and watch the Cowboys while floating in the pool.  They might win or not but not going to let my teams dictate my happiness, nice post NEB and thanks for the Xanax this morning which helped tremendously.  In addition, trips I will post some pics later of me in my speedo to hopefully bring a smile to my brethren as we embark on this long treacherous journey of USF athletics.  Go Bulls!

Hey man, one day when it all comes together we will attend a game together again....and wait for it...wait for it...I’ll actually DRINK a BEER with you...😂😂😂. Enjoy your NFL today.

• Upvote 1

The ECU post game interview w/ CJS pretty much hits the situation as it is. At the 10:23 mark, he is asked about the fans. "Reality has set in" pretty much sums it up. He is asking that the fans don't give up on this team. Little does he know...since most of us have lived through the CJLgate, skiptomylou, strongwrong, williebailout days..hell, obviously we never give up on our teams. We are gluttens for punishment or..we are Bull's fans.. we endure.  (and yes, *****-moan and carry-on too but, what else are we going to do??)