• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Starting QB for Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

McCloud is not our guy. He ismt that quick and while pretty accurate he has no command of the team as a leader it appears.  Flowers would will this team to score. He has no pocket awareness either. 

It's not all his fault his o line and receivers are mediocre.  His OC isnt good either. 

It's all a big $^# sandwich 

ECU blitz everyone...people were wide open a good portion of the night...FOOLS GOLD

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

McCloud looked good. Everything else looked bad.

Wait till next week when  Temple doesn't blitz every player 80% of the time and wr aren't wide open and they disguise coverages...I guess then it will be back to McCloud sucks again....actually it might not be that becaue he will be confused and hold the ball to long...then it will be...its not his fault our Oline sucks...so I'm not sure how the board will react...

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Wait till next week when  Temple doesn't blitz every player 80% of the time and wr aren't wide open and they disguise coverages...I guess then it will be back to McCloud sucks again....actually it might not be that becaue he will be confused and hold the ball to long...then it will be...its not his fault our Oline sucks...so I'm not sure how the board will react...

With this offensive line and the film that's out there a DC would be a fool to not blitz their face off until we show we can pick it up and our WRs show they can consistently win off the line in 1 on 1 situations. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

With this offensive line and the film that's out there a DC would be a fool to not blitz their face off until we show we can pick it up and our WRs show they can consistently win off the line in 1 on 1 situations. 

Not to that degree...there were too many wr wide open (hence his stat line)...he is very conservative...I would mix coverages in and blitz occasionally...he will simply hold the ball a second or two long and he will get sacked or throw the ball away...that is all you have to do with this guy. ..

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, DJBulls said:

Not to that degree...there were too many wr wide open (hence his stat line)...he is very conservative...I would mix coverages in and blitz occasionally...he will simply hold the ball a second or two long and he will get sacked or throw the ball away...that is all you have to do with this guy. ..

The other guys have to be considerably worse if they can't take the job from him... 

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The other guys have to be considerably worse if they can't take the job from him... 

Not necessarily...I get that train of thought though...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

10 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

He had a lot of zip on slants and medium length throws today.  A cannon, no, but a decent amount of zip.  It was pretty good, I saw a few bullets.

We're you watching on TV? Being there my son-in-law and I both thought he lacked velocity. He's actually played some football unlike me so I trust his judgment.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We're you watching on TV? Being there my son-in-law and I both thought he lacked velocity. He's actually played some football unlike me so I trust his judgment.

I was there in person and thought there was some zip on a lot of them but then some, not so much ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was there in person and thought there was some zip on a lot of them but then some, not so much ...

Difference of opinion. We were timing one throw to the sidelines with a calendar.