• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

24/7 Predicting Freshman Marsh Gets the Start at QB Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

My biggest physical concern with Marsh is that he looked slow when trying to run. I also did not see any mobility. 

Yeah he didn't rush much in HS he is a more pocket passer...which we never have goodluck with. 

Why id like to see Jordan Smith the freshman dual threat qb.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, brybull1970 said:

"Katravis, I am your father. The slowness and inaccuracy is with you"

- Ronnie Banks

😂😂😂

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

After what I saw, that could not have been a prediction.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My biggest physical concern with Marsh is that he looked slow when trying to run. I also did not see any mobility. 

He seemed like he had quick feet and was able to avoid pressure pretty well...unlike McConcrete...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

He seemed like he had quick feet and was able to avoid pressure pretty well...unlike McConcrete...

He certainly did not show any speed the one time he ran to the right to avoid the rush...I could measure his speed with a sun dial

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He certainly did not show any speed the one time he ran to the right to avoid the rush...I could measure his speed with a sun dial

I'm not saying he is fast...he doesn't have to be...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He didn't show alot of speed but already he seemed to have better pocket awareness than McCloud.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you are scrutinizing the areas which need improvement for a freshman, you are right. He definitely needs work. Just saying, I believe he has the building blocks to be coached up and play very well in the next several years. A Matt Grothe he is not, but USF fans are used to having little to no depth behind starting QBs, and I was just pointing out it's nice to see there may be a future starter on the roster.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I love it how some have already given up on Marsh, as if he's the second coming of Pat Julmiste or Ronnie Banks, despite having thrown a whopping 21 passes as an 18 year old true freshman.  By the way, I remember QF playing poorly in his first start too, and having to be rescued by Mike White.  I wonder how that turned out.

I, for one, would like to see more of Marsh before making any judgements.  Preferably against a non-top15 team to see how he does.  It's clear to me, he likely has the best (strongest) arm on the team, can get the ball down the field, and can give our receivers a chance on deep throws.  Which is what some of you are complaining McCloud can't do. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

23 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I love it how some have already given up on Marsh, as if he's the second coming of Pat Julmiste or Ronnie Banks, despite having thrown a whopping 21 passes as an 18 year old true freshman.  By the way, I remember QF playing poorly in his first start too, and having to be rescued by Mike White.  I wonder how that turned out.

I, for one, would like to see more of Marsh before making any judgements.  Preferably against a non-top15 team to see how he does.  It's clear to me, he likely has the best (strongest) arm on the team, can get the ball down the field, and can give our receivers a chance on deep throws.  Which is what some of you are complaining McCloud can't do. 

Stop with the rational thought...he may end up being another Banks...but waaaaay to early to tell...isn't that the great thing about being a pessimist though?  If things don't work out it's a "told ya so" and if they do it's a "hey glad I was wrong"