• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They handed us that game...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

my point is simply this---

You say they handed us the game

I say we took the game from them.

You don't just get handed the **** ball, you have to get to it and catch it or recover it.

Christ--- that fumble pickup and run for TD byt Royals was Derrick Brooks like

give me a break about the whole gummy bears crap-- yoiu are a PITA who is never happy with anything. We could win the National Championship and you would want to talk about the penalties.

Tr y-- like I asked-- for once to think about the things you liked about our football team. What you eat as your standard diet is of no concern to me, negative nancy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

thank you.  i mean, its kind of a big deal when you think about it.. and we only really cashed 2 in for points (the 1st 2)..

Quit making up crap to try and support your pathetic stance. We scored 28 points off of turnovers ....

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Helloooo...am I missing something??  Did we not just win a game against a team who is already considered Bowl eligible?  Good Grief!  Good Job Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

The only things that really bothered me were some of the playcalls.

Typically, you dont line up in ace 3 wr vs 8 in the box...its hard to run into that because SOMEONE is coming free.  Its especially bad to do this on fourth down.  Just one example.

However, most of the turnovers were forced.  The fumbles were absolutely great and will have opposing QB's watching film looking over their shoulders in the near future.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

If this is the negatives thread, one thing I didn't like was the consistent running of the ball on first down. It was a little too obvious and was very ineffective. Poor play calling? Not sure-- we did the same play calls against a UAB team last year (just trying to work the clock) and he broke free for TDs. So it can be effective, just not today. I think they saw this coming.

If I had one for Rutgers, it would be to delete the reverse play from your play book for at least this year. Also-- teach their QB that he has about 3 seconds or so before the defense will be dropping him on his ass. Might want to get rid of that ball before then (lol).

see-- I can play this game too. But it was a nice win.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'll give this one back as soon as PSU, Miami and Pitt give us their wins.  Turnovers are part of football; some are stupid plays (see Teel's pass right to our DB) and others are pure we want the ball (Royal forcing a fumble).  In short, if we do not turn the ball over, we have a chance with almost anyone.

Guest S.  Bien
In terms of turnovers?  Not that many.  I don't recall us ever having a -6 turnover ratio while allowing over 28 points off of turnovers.  Like I said they handed us the ball 6 times.  Had they not been so kind this game is a different story.  

Yes we have handed teams the game many times, however they don't usually try as hard as we did today to give it back.

Hold on, we created those turnovers.  That fumble recovery for a TD was from a sack not someone being careless with the ball.  The iNT return for a td wasn't pass intereference to begin with, bad call (we had a lot of those today), the stick on Hart was bone jarring, and a great 3rd down stop.  The pick on Teel was on 3rd down and even if he tucked and ran he wasn't picking it up.  The last one at the end of the game was a great break on the ball by Trae Williams.

We earned that win, and our defense albeit was very poor against the run today, partly due to rust and the turf in my opinion (for down linemen the turf is tough to stop and start on as your moving up field).  I hope our DL learned a bit that on running situations you've got to go up field a bit slower, and wait for the ball carrier because it's tough to stop and shift your weight quickly on turf with a guy blocking you.  A learning experience, and the key was our defense getting after the ball and making plays.  To win games at the BCS level you must make plays and our defense did that today.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

we got lucky, but great to see we had another win

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

we got lucky, but great to see we had another win

Did you even read Mikey G's post?

We MADE our own luck.  Those balls didn't just fall out of the Rutgers player's hands, ya know...

We didn't win this game because we were 'lucky'... we won it because we took it from (and to)  them.