• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The start of a possible good rivalry???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,430
  • Days Won:  43

With the USFvsRutgers game about to kickoff, I wanted to say a few things about the potential in this series between the two schools. To me, I believe that Rutgers will become a nice rivalry game with USF because both programs use that Florida speed and both programs are on the rise IMO. Rutgers looks to be ahead of USF right now because of the QB situation, but I know USF is not far behind no matter what happens today. Rutgers placed a nice billboard right in the middle of Bulls Country this past off season, so that has to irk Leavitt and the Bulls. Hopefully, the players and coaches will take it out on Rutgers today just to show that no one messed with BULL COUNTRY. Anyway, I am looking forward to a good game, and I really hope that this builds into a nice rivarly game for both schools. GO BULLS!!! BEAT RUTGERS!!!!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

If we ever consider Rutgers a rival BB2K, that is the day we have said we can't compete with the Big Three in Florida and will settle for mediocrity (-2 for spelling). If PJ doesn't cost us this game with turnovers, it should not even be close. There will always be a huge talent edge favoring us (we're still kinda blinded though by that **** Pitt loss or we would be a ten point favorite). Losing to Rutgers is on the same plane as losing to a very good I-AA program or Army. It should NEVER happen. We tried that pill once... and it was the worse dose of reality ever.

We have a cakewalk schedule until we play WVU. We should be bowl eligible... anything less at this point in the season would be a huge disappointment and can be pinned on the head coach. Hate to place it on Jim's shoulders, but this would be four straight years of terrible QB play and we have no legit reserve being molded... maybe Gregory... maybe Hill... but Grothe is suspect at best.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,430
  • Days Won:  43

Terry,

I would agree with you any other year that Rutgers is not good, but this year looks different. I watched Rutgers play this year about 4 different times. The first game they should have beaten Illinois on the road, but they did not go for the kill in the second half which cost them. Rutgers could very well be 7-1 right now with a tough loss at home to WVU. Rutgers beat Pitt pretty well in the first half only to have Pitt come back to make it a game.  Rutgers also beat a decent Navy team last week which snapped the Midshipmen's winning streak. I know USF will have to play their A game to have a chance against Rutgers today. I am more concerned about Rutger's Leanard and Moses because they are pretty dame talented. USF needs to keep the game close until halftime then I think the BULLS will have a good shot in the second half IMO.

What a difference a QB can make... how we don't have a legitimate one makes me wonder!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Days Won:  3

Rutgers stormed the field after beating Navy. Yeah...that's right N-A-V-Y !

Take a bounce over to http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/rutgerss.htm.

This is a phenomenal year for Rutgers. Their message board is lit up like a Christmas tree. Not to take anything away from their success this year, however, a dose of perspective is required.

I agree with Terry...the day we are Rivaled Wiff Rutgers is the  day we officially throw in the towel.

Well, if you look at progressions in their schedule, it goes: Loss, Win, Win, Win, Loss, Win, Win, Win... well, you heard it here first... it will be a loss today for Rutgers...

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Hey man, it's like I always say...      Good teams still lose. We beat L'ville who were 22 pt fav's. We just need to step up and beat the rest of the conf. Eventually, we'll get there. Pretty soon we'll be the big boys of the Big East.    JUST WIN DAGNABIT!!!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Will this be Shiano's (sp?) last year ?

I say YES ! ... he's had plenty of time there with pretty good talent.

He'll stick around and will get an extension. He's doing to Rutgers what Beamer did for VaTech. Rutgers football will come full circle in the next couple years and will no longer be the 0-11, 1-10, 2-9, and 3-8 Rutgers of old. They're building something good there and they have a stable of running backs that will make their program shine. Think about how good our run defense has been all season and that back shredded it all game. Scary.