• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality of twelve game seasons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

We are not even on the same level as UF, FSU, UM. I am just saying to grow and to get to that level we need to take our lumps against them until we get to that point.

By the way we are closer to Miami, than UCF is to us. I am not say we are Miami. But its what we should strive to be.

I say play the game for 3 to 5 years. Then lets see where both schools are at.  We don't have to lock that game up in a long term contract. That game will always be there for us to play if we want it. Its like that skank back in the day that you took out and had a few beers with, it was a "win". But is it a "win" you want to see all of the time?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We are not even on the same level as UF, FSU, UM. I am just saying to grow and to get to that level we need to take our lumps against them until we get to that point.

By the way we are closer to Miami, than UCF is to us. I am not say we are Miami. But its what we should strive to be.

I say play the game for 3 to 5 years. Then lets see where both schools are at.  We don't have to lock that game up in a long term contract. That game will always be there for us to play if we want it. Its like that skank back in the day that you took out and had a few beers with, it was a "win". But is it a "win" you want to see all of the time?

I can agree with that. If my memory serves me correctly the FSU, UF series has to be renewed after a few years, as I would assume that most non-conference series' have to be. So that would not be out of the ordinary. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, How did you know about the skank back in my day??  ???

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, How did you know about the skank back in my day??  ???

I was talking about my history. But who knows she did get around.

Guest Justin Boza
Its like that skank back in the day that you took out and had a few beers with, it was a "win". But is it a "win" you want to see all of the time?

hey man, from the looks of it, that "skank" has a better shot at winning out the rest of its schedule then we do.. albeit against lesser opponents, that "skank" has a better shot at getting to a bowl game this year.. we got up in that ass this year, but i wouldnt really count them out.. besides, even if they will be weak for the next 10 yrs or so, we gotta schedule those wins in for the sake of maintaining a record above .500..

what's cool about scheduling UCF (despite the fact that it can help cultivate a natural geographical rivalry) is the fact that "away games" arent really away.. like bull-by-marriage said, you dont need overnight expenditures to go to a UCF game, and for some, it may be just as close to get to (those in polk county or in plant city/brandon area).. let's keep the game for a while

At least we all agree who the skank is.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

I too think we should play them every year just not home and home, make it a 2 for 1 or payout game and get the contract signed. We hold more chips than they do and we need to see just how big their desire to play us every year truely is. We can tell them we will reconsider when they move up in conference or manage to make the series competitive ;)

Puc86 I agree with you. Why make it a fair deal? They should come to us 2 for 1. They want the game alot more than us.

We can make them pay until our agreement with CUSA runs out though.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Good luck with that. We have no pull, we cannot even get anyone worth a crap to come play at RJS.

Lets get to a bowl before we make demands of a team that is willing to knock out one of our 5 Out of Conference games, especially if it can save the team A LOT of money by playing 80 miles away...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

They would still be willing to take an even offer if and when we were willing to offer it. They have a hard on for us and treating them badly will only make it worse.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

well Fla/Ga pay because of conference obligations...FSU/Fla (FSU beating FLA most the times, including a very controversal 2003 game) continues and will forever. There is no doubt in my mond that this series lasts beyond next season, draws well, its easy to schedule because UCF wants it, travel costs are cheap, and it will be the exclusive rivalry for both schools down the road (most wont accept it now).

If by "exclusive" you mean only, that will suck for both of us ...... unless we're in the same conference.