• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what's the latest on the IPF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Can't tell you how many people I have met over the years that were USF grads but "did not" have any interest in supporting anything USF..Nada, Zip, Zilch.  There are 3 doctors here in town who are USF grads but have no interest in joining the Alumni Assoc let alone sports. Got one millennial young'un doc a USF tumbler, barely grateful(yawn).  Had a Vet in NC another USF grad. I worked on her we even did a photo/banner in the Alumni News but, she went to UF Vet school so....yep, all UF stuff in her office-woman cave. Got her a Rocky doll but hell, she prob gave it to her dog. I have a new bone doc coming up next month and yep, USF Med School grad. We shall see?? Hell, my Nephew is a USF grad. No interest. Says he cant afford due to student loan...possibly, it's his Lexus payment??  Of course, one of my docs is a ECU grad and she is a hoot and loves her college and sports. 

If somebody ever figures out why USF seems to generate so many grads that just dont care about the university, they may have the magic marketing bullet. I find it very very odd....Hell, give something/anything to stay connected.

I really think it is a simple answer.  There still is no college "vibe" at USF.  Even if you live on campus, the only thing you do on or near campus is go to class. (you could do sports other then football but that's another issue)  You can't walk from your dorm for a night out and stumble back home. Not enough students have lived on campus (the are adding beds but still not enough)  A lot do live in the apartments near campus, but they have no reason to be around campus after classes.

My hope is (yes along with an OCS) the MOSI land is repositioned into a huge mixed use development with tons of housing for students with retail,rest and bars.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

USF is perfectly positioned for social distancing, with grotesque 60s/70s acrhitecture baring no semblance to classical western architecture or tradition is unlikely to offend any post modernists. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We had a cottage on a lake in NC some years ago. The Holtz clan had one over about 3-4 coves. Never said more than a hey if they were out on the dock. But, did see old Lou and Terry Bradshaw in Tampa many years ago at a business motivational seminar...They were a hoot and quite good too. That's all I got on the Holtz Family except,  Skip did suck very very much as our coach. His football coaching went down the tubes at USF while his golf game prob got better???  oh well..

I had a good friend that had Lou speak at his company’s seminar and said he witnessed him berate numerous people and was a complete ass.  However on stage he acts completely different, while I realize this is not abnormal, I still hate a phony.  In addition, I have always hated Notre Dame so screw Lou.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 6/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, DJBulls said:

Memphis just unveiled theirs...same variables you just listed applies to them...and by the way, how do protest and riots have anything to do with unveiling an IPF?  

Maybe not directly, but in case you haven't noticed, the country is going through a huge transition that affects the entire nation, people are very passionate,, like they were in the late 60's.  This, Covid19, and getting a paycheck is all people really give a sh_t about right now.

Do you really think that except for a tiny portion of people that care enough about USF athletics, think this frickin IPF announcment is more important than the sh_t that is going down in this country right now????

Come on, tell me you are not that narrow minded.  Any person with a brain can decipher what the hell is more important right now.  We all want an IPF of course,  but are we going to have College Football this year.  There are many things much bigger than a **** IPF.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

42 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Maybe not directly, but in case you haven't noticed, the country is going through a huge transition that affects the entire nation, people are very passionate,, like they were in the late 60's.  This, Covid19, and getting a paycheck is all people really give a sh_t about right now.

Do you really think that except for a tiny portion of people that care enough about USF athletics, think this frickin IPF announcment is more important than the sh_t that is going down in this country right now????

Come on, tell me you are not that narrow minded.  Any person with a brain can decipher what the hell is more important right now.  We all want an IPF of course,  but are we going to have College Football this year.  There are many things much bigger than a **** IPF.

Your response is more suited for Madcow, let’s stick to sports.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I thought a respose to why there hasnt been an IPF announcement was sports related.

Dont call me out when literallly thousands of posts have derailed from topic and belong somewhere else.  Much more reason than my response. 

Look I want the IPF.  I Want my **** sports back.  Im frustrated like everyone.  But I recognize the seriousness this country is in right now.  And its much bigger than sports.

If that belong on madcow.  I dont give a ****.  Move it.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
35 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Also its pretty hard to stick to just sports when there is NO sports....sadly

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I had a good friend that had Lou speak at his company’s seminar and said he witnessed him berate numerous people and was a complete ass.  However on stage he acts completely different, while I realize this is not abnormal, I still hate a phony.  In addition, I have always hated Notre Dame so screw Lou.

Yes, I am for anyone who beats Notre Dame

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:10 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

I was simply asking a question seeing Memphis completed theirs...I understood that we had the money to break ground...don't throw your political hyperbole at me...take it somewhere else...with your reasoning Memphis should have stopped because of the political environment...

Edited by DJBulls

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, DJBulls said:

I was simply asking a question seeing Memphis completed theirs...I understood that we had the money to break ground...don't throw your political hyperbole at me...take it somewhere else...with your reasoning Memphis should have stopped because of the political environment...

I don't want to get political, this is the not the place for that.  I was simply trying to state that what is happening in the world right now is having an affect on all aspects of our lives, and could be a contributing factor to why the IPF announcement hasn't been made yet.

Look I want the same things you want, I want us to get back to normal, I want the IPF, I want football to start on time.  We are more on the same page than you think.

Also, I think its been stated that Memphis was way ahead of us in their IPF process then we are.  Its been in the works for years for them, so they were in a better position for this announcement than we are at this current time.