• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Im stewing today wondering about a 12th game

I know the SECOND bye week isn't until next week, but the thought of two more weeks without a game is really getting to me. When, if ever, is USF going to be able to put together a 12 game schedule.

First I thought it was Leavitt, then I looked at Selmon and now Im back to grinding my teeth thinking Leavitt is to blame. Why can't they pull the trigger on some of the deals? Is it a case of sitting at home watching games waiting for a bigger and better deal? Guess what, Notre Dame is not now  nor never will call looking for as home and home series.

I doubt its that. It seems like they are waiting for Charleston Southerns schedule open up again, or Florida State to forget that they do not want to sign a series against us.

This is one of USF biggest failures. They blow every chance (wait I think we've signed one 12th game) to make more money, increase exposure and get bowl eligible. I doubt they are ignorant, so why can't they get it done? Is it fear of the number 12? No, incompetence!

incompetence.jpg

(This picture works for the offense too)

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what are you talking about - next year?

Yep, guess I missed the whole 2006 thing. Still I bet it'll be the same next year.

The NCAA will allow football teams to play 12 games per year, but it won’t enter the postseason playoff fray.

The board of directors approved proposals on Thursday that would add a 12th game to Division I-A schedules – starting in 2006 – allow schools to count one victory over Division I-AA schools each year toward bowl eligibility, and loosen the requirements to qualify for Division I-A status.

“The season will not be elongated, it just means the bye week would be taken out,†NCAA president Myles Brand said. “Nor will it lead to any additional midweek games. But I seriously suggest you take up the tournament situation with the BCS.â€Â

Bear in mind that AS OF RIGHT NOW -- USF only has TEN games scheduled for next year:

ROAD (5): North Carolina, Central Florida, Louisville, Cincinnati, & West Virginia

HOME (5): Florida International, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, & Connecticut

USF wants to add a home-and-home with a I-A program (probably there then here in '07) and a I-AA program at home for our 6th home game.