Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

Triple B

Should make you USF alums feel proud ....

Recommended Posts

.... along with all the other work the university is doing in regards to this. Will move this to the Alma Mater board later but thought it needs to be seen. From an article in the TBT:

CARING Three Florida nurses felt called to serve on the front lines of the coronavirus war: in New York City. Tears are put on hold.

BY MEGAN REEVES

Times Staff Writer

As soon as she walked into the New York hospital room, Victoria Mejia knew something had happened. A man who had been struggling to survive the day before was gone, his bed empty.

A woman in the hallway peered through the window, banging on the door.

Mejia, a nurse anesthetist, shuffled out of her protective gown and gloves to meet her. The woman dropped to her knees in tears, saying the man had been her neighbor, a friend. Now he was one of the city's latest COVID-19 victims.

'When, when, when?' the woman pleaded. 'When did he pass?' Reaching out with a sanitized hand, Mejia rubbed the woman's back. She wanted to hug her, as she normally would.

Mejia is one of a small group of recent master's graduates from the University of South Florida College of Nursing who volunteered this month to leave their Florida jobs for New York City - the epicenter for COVID-19 infections in the United States.

Every day, they see the sickest of the sick, and far more death than they had ever witnessed.

While that takes a toll, these frontline health workers say faith and family are pulling them through. Care packages and video dates keep them going too.

What drives them most, they say, is a feeling of duty. They went to New York to serve, because that's why they became nurses.

ajax-request.php?val=Image_0.jpg&action=loadImage&type=Image&pSetup=saintpetersburgtimes&issue=20200426&crc=4sta_04262020_006_a_p_w-or9.pdf.0&edition=South Pinellas Edition&mtime=509A2750&paperImage=saintpetersburgtimes

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Triple B said:

.... along with all the other work the university is doing in regards to this. Will move this to the Alma Mater board later but thought it needs to be seen. From an article in the TBT:

CARING Three Florida nurses felt called to serve on the front lines of the coronavirus war: in New York City. Tears are put on hold.

BY MEGAN REEVES

Times Staff Writer

As soon as she walked into the New York hospital room, Victoria Mejia knew something had happened. A man who had been struggling to survive the day before was gone, his bed empty.

A woman in the hallway peered through the window, banging on the door.

Mejia, a nurse anesthetist, shuffled out of her protective gown and gloves to meet her. The woman dropped to her knees in tears, saying the man had been her neighbor, a friend. Now he was one of the city's latest COVID-19 victims.

'When, when, when?' the woman pleaded. 'When did he pass?' Reaching out with a sanitized hand, Mejia rubbed the woman's back. She wanted to hug her, as she normally would.

Mejia is one of a small group of recent master's graduates from the University of South Florida College of Nursing who volunteered this month to leave their Florida jobs for New York City - the epicenter for COVID-19 infections in the United States.

Every day, they see the sickest of the sick, and far more death than they had ever witnessed.

While that takes a toll, these frontline health workers say faith and family are pulling them through. Care packages and video dates keep them going too.

What drives them most, they say, is a feeling of duty. They went to New York to serve, because that's why they became nurses.

ajax-request.php?val=Image_0.jpg&action=loadImage&type=Image&pSetup=saintpetersburgtimes&issue=20200426&crc=4sta_04262020_006_a_p_w-or9.pdf.0&edition=South Pinellas Edition&mtime=509A2750&paperImage=saintpetersburgtimes

Fantastic people giving of themselves and obviously Proud Bull's as we are of them...Thanks to All of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Fantastic people giving of themselves and obviously Proud Bull's as we are of them...Thanks to All of you. 

I don’t know, I can’t get past the Bulls sign being backwards, are they true fans?  They may be altruistic but is this the type of representation we want for our University, not sure? 😀

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know, I can’t get past the Bulls sign being backwards, are they true fans?  They may be altruistic but is this the type of representation we want for our University, not sure? 😀

I think it's akin to the US flag being hung upside down, they're in distress. It's a call for help.

air wolf helicopter GIF by MANGOTEETH

Never fear guys, we're enroute!

Edited by Azmodi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know, I can’t get past the Bulls sign being backwards, are they true fans?  They may be altruistic but is this the type of representation we want for our University, not sure? 😀

They printed a negative image of the pic to make them look bad..... You know TBT hates us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know, I can’t get past the Bulls sign being backwards, are they true fans?  They may be altruistic but is this the type of representation we want for our University, not sure? 😀

Hmm? Nurses could have dyslexia and just see things differently? Could be a pic of horns in a mirror in a mirror? So tired they didn't know if they were going or coming? Lastly, their hands are sterile so it's palms inward so you don't touch anything with your fingers accidently?   Just nice pic either way from good folks     :04-rock:👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...