• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2020/04/03/why-usfs-auggie-sanchez-chose-to-walk-away-from-football/

Sounds like Auggies stint in coaching left a bad taste. I hated to see him let go from USF. That young man bleeds green and gold. Hopefully, he finds his path in life. Personally, I think guys like Auggie and Lamar are a plus to our program. Coaching is a tough business. Coach Scott is a good example of ex-players/grads being retained by their alma maters. Good luck Mr. Sanchez. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2020/04/03/why-usfs-auggie-sanchez-chose-to-walk-away-from-football/

Sounds like Auggies stint in coaching left a bad taste. I hated to see him let go from USF. That young man bleeds green and gold. Hopefully, he finds his path in life. Personally, I think guys like Auggie and Lamar are a plus to our program. Coaching is a tough business. Coach Scott is a good example of ex-players/grads being retained by their alma maters. Good luck Mr. Sanchez. 

Wish he could find something in the USF Athletics Department...it’s a shame to let that passion for the university coupled with his playing career go to waste. In many ways he is Mr. USF. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Coaching is a tough way to make a living.  You really need the passion for the job and lifestyle.  For most of the guys that make a long term profession of coaching they really don't start out looking at the money.

As one example, take a look at Leavitt's entire coaching career.  Early on he spent time at places like powerhouse football programs like Dubuque college and Morningside college.  Before getting  into upper level schools, he spent almost 9 years in little towns of Iowa.  

Ed Orgeron has had 14 coaching jobs before rising to the top of the profession.  Perseverance and passion is what it takes to survive in the coaching ranks.

Good thing Augie is finding out it is not for him early in his life.  Maybe a better road for him would be coaching t the high school level, but even that is a tenuous position nowadays.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wish he could find something in the USF Athletics Department...it’s a shame to let that passion for the university coupled with his playing career go to waste. In many ways he is Mr. USF. 

Agree and so true. Some of these alumni athletes could add a lot to the atmosphere of USF sports. Auggie just attached to 2 coaches on a downhill slide. Maybe CJS will reassess  ( if there is ever football again??) the potential of having someone like AS on board?? 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

COACHING IS CLearly not for him

why would cjs want him? he clearly didnt want to pay his dues

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

coaching is a profession, a job. Just because he played at USF, it doesn’t automatically entitle him or anyone else to a job at his alma mater. 

• Upvote 2

See and get the different points of view. Hard to say how much effort and interest he put into the 2 jobs he was involved in. He saw 2 coaches get fired in his first 2 jobs, I'm sure that prob made an impression. No, he shouldn't get a job at USF just because he played there. I don't think Auggie is a guy who feels he is entitled. Yes, maybe his only coaching experiences demonstrated more negatives than positives about a poss career choice. His love of football, I wont question. His love for his alma mater, I wont question. CJS did a house cleaning when he got to USF, I doubt Auggie had time to demonstrate anything. He will probably find his path in the near future. Football? Good for him. Not Football? Good for him. Auggie played with a lot of heart and a dedicated ability he developed through hard work. He was a student of the game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

CJS broke his foot? 😎 Man i hope he goes back to coaching. Maybe Taggart can open up a spot for him.